Do you support the new ban on alcohol sales?

Do you support the new ban on alcohol sales?

• Yes

Votes: 300 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 649 68.4%

• Total voters

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
South African hospitals generally refer to it as the ED
Good for them.

South African's refer to it as the emergency room.

But you carry on, cause using a little known technicality makes it seem like you know what you are talking about.

krycor

Honorary Master
Yes..

The fact that the government has to resort to prohibition despite many, many statements for weeks saying it was gonna come back if people don't learn to moderate is more a reflection on the state of our society than on the government.

The fact that people don't say a thing about abuse but are enraged by this action shows how stupidly politicized this issue is only thing funnier is the Trump supporters who were against the face mask. logic.. not good with these folk.

Cray

Honorary Master
Yes..

The fact that the government has to resort to prohibition despite many, many statements for weeks saying it was gonna come back if people don't learn to moderate is more a reflection on the state of our society than on the government.
I always drink moderately, I have never once been admitted to the ER for anything alcohol-related, why is my right to buy alcohol being curtailed again?

The_MAC

Executive Member
They should have never banned booze and smoking - there would probably not have been a booze induced trauma spike.

They are meddling in social engineering and they have no idea what the impact will be

now its just trial and error - playing with peoples lives

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Yes..

The fact that people don't say a thing about abuse but are enraged by this action shows how stupidly politicized this issue is only thing funnier is the Trump supporters who were against the face mask. logic.. not good with these folk.
Can I agree with you and still say NO, I don't support banning things as a legitimate response?

The_MAC

Executive Member
Yes..

why stop at booze - we should ban cars, since many people don't know how to drive responsibly?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I always drink moderately, I have never once been admitted to the ER for anything alcohol-related, why is my right to buy alcohol being curtailed again?
I drank enough for about ten people's entire lifetimes and I too never ended up in an emergency room due to anything booze related.

Kawak

Expert Member
Its not fair or right but I support it, we do need all hospital capacity for covid19, unfortunately, many are just not responsible enough and has landed all of us in this problem, hoping my stockpile lasts til we're back again.

Jewlz968

I do not support this ban as this ban costs a lot of people lifely hood that putting bread on their table and keeping the lights on "except load shedding".

Edwardsj

Honestly if the issue is about medical care availability don't prioritise care to anyone coming in with alcohol related care requirements, if your dumb enough to drink to much maybe you need a different kind of care such as counselling and reabilitation.

shearder

Expert Member
Alcohol has been around for hundreds of years. It has caused fights for hundreds of years. During prohibition it was alive and well. It just makes others rich.
This is pretty ignorant of the government. I can guarantee you had they NEVER had a ban it would not have been as bad.

Dam up a river that was flowing beautifully through the valley, then release the dam, its going to FK EVERYTHING UP in its path and then settle again..
Do dumb shut because Gates tell you to and this is what happens

mad-house

No i don't support it. Instead of our government to find a cure for this covid they decide to fight alcohol! Poeple got this virus at their working stations not on tarvens...

printworx

Why they didn't just implement a curfew and personal quota from the start is beyond me. With online / whatsapp ordering, courier deliveries and curbside pickups, even taverns could have complied and maintained some form of an income.

Curfew prevents parties. Quotas prevent irresponsible drinking. Online ordering leaves a paper trail for compliance and promotes social distancing.

AndresmitZA10

Families will go to bed hungry because breadwinners have lost their jobs. Hospitals are there for trauma cases, not just Covid. I am an adult, I have the right to decide for myself

NuttyNige

No, and I do not support the Taxi's being allowed to run with full capacity!! How brain-dead do you really have to be??