Do you support the new ban on alcohol sales?

• Yes

Votes: 300 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 649 68.4%

• Total voters

TheoJ1

Yes, but qualified!
The excessive use of alcohol almost equates a pandemic. If people drink excessively, then their access to alcohol must be limited. That would however be very difficult to implement. So deny people who get hurt because of abuse access to any medical support, or access to hospitals. Just leave them outside ...
Killing the wine industry because some people misbehave, is inexcusable.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Banning of alcohol and cigarettes will not reduce violence and there's no scientific evidence also the black market is making billions most of us citizens will not vote for the anc we need a multi racial young cabinet ministers and president violence is an individual problem and the citizens should not suffer the consequences the law should bring the death penalty then the crime ratio will change
Not bad for a first post. Well done and welcome.

Zophos

Expert Member
I'm surprised that nearly 33% support this BS.

They believe in treating the symptoms and not the root cause... :unsure:

Maybe they failed to ask why we have not been adequately prepared for influx of patients AFTER the first ban and lockdown measures.

I wish we could ban stupidity. :sneaky:

FreckEdGuy

Nope, peoples livelihoods are being affected as a result of this ban and it’s just so unfortunate that lives are being lost as well as a result of both the virus and alcohol abuse...

Bioskoop

The banning of alcohol in the first place would've caused an upsurge in alcohol-related incidents when they reopened sales. You don't need a degree to figure that one out.

No alcohol for 8 weeks (?), what did you think was going to happen when you reopened sales? You literally dammed the river then opened the floodgates. Now you are standing downstream watching the village get washed away and asking ''Why did this happen?''

And it is going to happen again.

Also, the effect lockdown has had on people will lead to an increase in alcohol abuse. People are struggling mentally and financially under the draconian measures of the lockdown and of course this means turning to coping mechanisms for a lot of people and not all coping mechanisms are healthy.
Exactly right. They didn't manage this properly from the start. Cutting it out completely was a big mistake.
Even in our household and those of friends and family - when we started drinking again after the lift of the first ban I could see people reacting very negatively. Uncertainty and hopelessness has set in - especially the feeling of powerlessness over the idiotic government rulings. People lose their **** and get angry, panicked and frustrated.

Our domestic worker told us how bad it really is in the township areas. Absolute savagery out there. She was so glad it was banned again she started crying. I try to keep her and her family in mind when I get mad about not having any dop.

veebad

I don't see why everyone should have to suffer because of the lowest common denominator, deny hospital care to people with alcohol related injuries and trauma (not victims unless they are also inebriated). If they are willing to put their lives at risk then it is on them if they die, the hospitals and emergency rooms must turn them away. Why do we always cater for the most stupid amongst us?

BigL

Homebrewing and distilling is not a crime as far as I know. Well, only disciplined individuals possess those skills.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Yes, but qualified!
The excessive use of alcohol almost equates a pandemic. If people drink excessively, then their access to alcohol must be limited. That would however be very difficult to implement. So deny people who get hurt because of abuse access to any medical support, or access to hospitals. Just leave them outside ...
Killing the wine industry because some people misbehave, is inexcusable.
Alcohol-related hospitalization is not the reason for the lack of COVID-19 care-space.

Cutadash

It’s a sad state of affairs when everyone has to suffer because of the irresponsible behavior of others & it won’t stop those who are the problem they will simply steal it or make it ,this country is on its knees & with the no alcohol & curfew in place the vast magority of restaurants will never survive this command council is power mad & unlike the first world countries ther is zero help