Do you think all ecommerce should be opened?

Do you think all ecommerce should be opened in South Africa during the lockdown?

• Yes

Votes: 751 96.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 3.3%

• Total voters

Slegdehammer67

The time is coming quickly where the SA Economy will go past the point of no return if this lock-down is not stopped sooner rather than later...there are so many false negatives out there that's confusing this entire issue

Last edited:

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
lockdown se m**r

open up ecommerce completely.

This will give incentive to traditional shops to offer an ecommerce service as well.

Shewolff

My sons birthday is in 19 days time and I can't seem to find anywhere that will ship me a toy. Its rediculous.
I agree! I buy gifts from Takealot to send to Family and Friends in various parts of the Country, I don't understand why having a toy delivered is any different from having a light bulb( for example) delivered?

Emjay

Honorary Master
sweet red?!? what fresh hell is this? keep it banned I say!

Technically he said "sweet red", not something I'd call "luxury" ...
View attachment 835603

I read sweet as in awesome. I choose to ignore that there is such a thing as sweet red wine. No one can possibly think that stuff is drinkable.

But, I would do anything for a bottle of good red wine right about now... *sigh*

The advantage to the economy outweighs the health risk by a massive factor. Yet another rule made by our ANC ruling elite without applying their minds.

oki1kenoki

Think of it this way, everything not being sold, but just sitting on the shelves , means no income and salary for employees for some company.

So now justify not selling anything where you can actually do social distancing and disinfection protocols. For example at all the large supermarkets, Pick'nPay , Game , Makro , Hyperama you can buy food but not the stove to cook the food on. Same store, same queues same process.

Jonny_9

lockdown se m**r

open up ecommerce completely.

This will give incentive to traditional shops to offer an ecommerce service as well.
I have a physical shop. And an online shop. The online shop makes about 0,05% of the physical shop revenue.

Btw I am all for e-commerce to open. I am for everything to open.

Just saying that an online version doesn't always translate into a cool, accessible, modern solution to some businesses.

Blackhand

I have a physical shop. And an online shop. The online shop makes about 0,05% of the physical shop revenue.

Btw I am all for e-commerce to open. I am for everything to open.

Just saying that an online version doesn't always translate into a cool, accessible, modern solution to some businesses.

If your allowed to sell your full inventory online and you announce it to clients, you will probably see an increase in online sales. I'm not suggesting it will completely close that gap, but it's better than nothing.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I would do anything for a bottle of good red wine right about now... *sigh*
aye, I have 3 bottles of very decent red, but it'll be at least a month still before there's an occasion that justifies opening any of those

until then, or until our most benevolent ANC overlords decide, I only have 3 not-so-decent bottles of red left, doubt they'll last till next week :cautious:

zulu53

Do you think all ecommerce should be opened in South Africa during the lockdown?
In fact (perhaps another vote at your website) ALL commerce should be opened. South Africa is not a rich country and cannot afford to shut down any commerce without going bankrupt. If we want to look at what a bankrupt country looks like then Zimbabwe is the best example for us. Much more of these "closures" and we will be well down the path, along the way killing a huge number of our less educated, less corrupt citizens; ethnic cleansing anyone?

zulu53

Yes definitely, don't know why it was closed in the first place!!!
It is, and was, always about control by the Zulu mafia (those folks in the ANC that fully support Zuma and even now Bheke Cele and Lindewe Zulu - proven as corrupt, by international standards, as Zuma). When Ramaphosa first got in I remember reading an article in the newspaper saying that unless he immediately cleaned house and got rid of the old Zulu mafia he would be doomed. He managed to get rid of some, but obviously now, not enough. The epitome for me was when Cele (an uneducated zulu) countermanded Mkhize (and educated zulu) regarding the lockdown conditions - the "walk the dog" condition. Obviously Mkhize was trying to follow the Hippocratic Oath and felt guilty about the transgressions he had already made and thought enough was enough. As a expert I can tell you that very few of the conditions imposed during the lockdown are justifiable based on stopping or slowing down or minimizing the impact of the SARS-Cov2 virus or Covid19 disease in the general population. In medical terms "the cure is far worse than the disease".

dannyprins

Lockdown can only work if its totaly enforced. Its not. Just look how many dont wear masks including some bank staff. All its doing at moment is driving a massif part of the population to poverty. That will lead to looting and and. Small companies are NOT helped. If people go hungrier they will go to extreme to feed theyr family

DrHasntLost

YES...I would rather put my trust in Dr's and Scientists, than Unscrupulous Politicians, who only do things for their own benefit. Just have to look at the Looting and Rioting that's a result of ANC policies.

DrHasntLost

Yes... we still have a fair amount of Freedom of Choice. If you are able and inclined to support something, then do so. If not then don't....! This is Not a Dictatorship.....Yet.

FutureSuccess

This lockdown is a hidden lesson to all, to learn and accept our true reason for being alive not to grow an economy. To find our true essence. We have been conditioned by the economy to rely on it.

R13...

Honorary Master
I am surprised the online retailers aren't lobbying or even approaching the courts for relief. The communist minister has admitted the reason they're keeping ecommerce closed is because of fairness fears rather than health reasons which is the only logical cause for the lockdown.

Cray

Honorary Master
This lockdown is a hidden lesson to all, to learn and accept our true reason for being alive not to grow an economy. To find our true essence. We have been conditioned by the economy to rely on it.
You can't eat your "true essence"when you are starving. We need our economy because trading goods and services is how we support a massive population with only a small number of people being involved in food production.