Do you think cigarette sales should be allowed?

Do you think cigarette sales should be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 821 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 69 7.8%

• Total voters

gamer16

Honorary Master
Yes

Smoker, although not really anymore, have been tuning a vape the last couple of weeks, gonna get a proper one this weekend.

shreez

Yes it should.
The ANC is using self-architected logic to slowly remove the rights of South Africans.
NDZ is making millions (possibly billions) from rubbish, sub-standard cigarettes.

Drummy

Yes. Idiotic that they were banned in the first place. Ex smoker. I think we were one of the 4 countries in the whole world that banned cigarettes?

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Also cigarette sales should not be allowed because you cannot smoke with your mask on.
When working on a farm outside Malelane i often visited the Sugarmill club. The restaurant there had Rietrot on the menu, served with a sweet sauce.

SuperAl

Yes, I have never smoked, but people will get cigs anyway, and most likely in a less sterile enviroment, loss of tax into the fiscus, and many more reasons to allow smoking. The person has the right to choose their fate.

Vanessa13

No.

I think for now it needs to stay banned. People need their lungs to be in tip top shape.

I know the smokers will argue that there is no proof or proof is little. Its a new virus.. same can be said for theres no proof and results that its safe to use cigarettes in current covid times. Such results or proof dont exist.

For now. I would say, play it safe. Fresh air , good nutritious food and a good immune system is what we need right now
Actually, there is evidence to suggest that something in cigarettes prevents the virus from doing too much damage. So it could potentially put smokers are LESS risk. Never mind the FACT that pretty much ALL smokers are still smoking, so the ban is literally pointless, destroying countless livelihoods for NOTHING.

psk2004

South Africa is out of touch, being the only country to enforce this type of ban.
It has zero to do with health and beds.

4saken

Yes of course. Considering how easy it is to get illegal ciggarettes, the ban is more about corruption then "protecting the people"