Do you think humans will land on Mars by 2030?

Do you think humans will land on Mars by 2030?

• Yes

Votes: 40 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 50 55.6%

• Total voters

eg2505

Honorary Master
tbh, I thought growing up, humans would have colonized space and the moon by now,

I would have never believed that we wouldn't have advanced much since the 70's

unless there is a incredibly good reason, we haven't done so up till now.

Moosedrool

Expert Member
No.

The project is too complicating to be achieved in 12 years within acceptable cost.

The current global political climate also pushes against human endeavour.

The research and discovery for such a mission is purely an engineering challenge which can be simulated for much less.

Even if you keep the finances within the space program it is much better spent in scientific research and education.

tbh, I thought growing up, humans would have colonized space and the moon by now,

I would have never believed that we wouldn't have advanced much since the 70's

unless there is a incredibly good reason, we haven't done so up till now.
We were promised jetpacks and shopping malls on Saturn by the Jetsons.

garp

Executive Member
No, I doubt we will even manage to go back to the moon before then. I don't think it is unrealistic that mankind will one day be able to colonize Mars, but I think this will only be achievable over a time frame of half centuries, not decades, and the world is not currently focused or committed enough.

We have regressed into the childishness of squabbling over how many genders there are and why anyone who wants to can't just waltz over the border into whichever country has the best welfare, instead of doing something about their own damned country. Hard science is considered evil if it doesn't fit in with politically correct opinion, or a matter of post-modernist opinion, and our brightest are more likely to end up being brainwashed by gender studies courses and coming up with their own pronouns than knuckling down into challenging STEM fields.

Anyway, there won't be the required level of financial resources allocated to this in any country capable of such a mission - the money either all goes to the bottomless social welfare pit, or the bottomless global military pit. The global tide of post modernism, cultural Marxism, the obsession with political correctness and "diversity" needs to run it's course (if it ever does) before we have any hope of taking another giant leap for mankind.

We have landed an unmanned vehicle on Mars. Travel time is only around 300 days, we have had people in space for longer. All the technology is there, it's more about funding and finding someone bold enough to attempt it. Musk is such a person. Now it's just about funding. Not like we as the human race can't afford it...

I highly doubt we'll be able to colonize Mars, but having a human set foot on it, very possible.

beans100

Honorary Master
And here I'm wondering, whether they should start the making of a Mars calendar. With the longer year and everything.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Yes

Why? Why not :p

You will need plenty of people with a why-the-hell-not attitude to venture that deep into space and pull it off.