Do you think kids should go back to school on 1 June?

Do you think kids should go back to school on 1 June?

• Yes

Votes: 91 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 79 46.5%

• Total voters

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
People aren't getting it yet. It's been MONTHS, there's no new "massive" spread. In the main threads it's been well demonstrated that tests for infections tell us too little of real value, except that WC are making more effort to do that better.
That other bloke said to wait a month and then the paw-paw will hit the fan or something.

Craig

Honorary Master
Yes.

It means my in-laws won't be able to visit for a long time, but that's a sacrifice we'll just have to make.
You are smart man, I was going to say no and then realized that you can't sacrifice alone, we should join you in that. So school it is.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I think people should be given a choice.

The teachers may opt-in to teach or provide a supportive role to the teachers who have opted in. This will also support the elderly teachers or those who may be at risk due to health or other conditions.

The parents may choose to allow their children to go to school, but two separate grading mechanisms must be implemented, school going and homeschool going. This is more relevant to public schooling as private schools have their own mechanisms, but public schools aren't geared to provide homeschooling and I have experienced this now. However we cannot hold an entire year back, it will hamper the primary, secondary and tertiary educational institutions and cause an employment gap particular to an age group, as well as set back this particular group's wellbeing and general livelihoods which will cause the parents to sustain their kids longer than necessary.

We need to maintain a standard, some children will have to be graded and others by the parent's decision will be held back, it is your responsibility to enable responsible and disciplined homeschooling, but most must be graded in one way or the other. Then the 2021 curriculum must be amended to catch up with 2020 within the 1st quarter to bridge the two years. Under the circumstances, there will be little play in the 1st quarter and the school holidays this and next year must be shortened to accommodate said catchup.

Parents who don't participate, they did have the option. Don't drag others down with you.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am concerned about how the government will support disadvantaged children and schools. They are mostly overcrowded, little to no access to the internet and they don’t have the means to leverage home-schooling, neither does these schools have money. This saddens me, greatly.

It would be great to enable them with ‘homeschooling’ in groups within community centres, but we all know the situation, criminal elements as the state call them. Provide computers or tablets and it is stolen or vandalised within days…

lucifir

Expert Member
Does anyone know if other grades are allowed to go back on 1 june if the school(private school) can accomodate them?
I understood that other grades will be phased in later, but seems the school has a different interpretation.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Does anyone know if other grades are allowed to go back on 1 june if the school(private school) can accomodate them?
I understood that other grades will be phased in later, but seems the school has a different interpretation.
Private schools are arguing for this and the minister hinted that it may be allowed if the school can prove adherence to the lockdown measures. Very much a work in progress at the moment. Private schools are probably crapping their pants over fees not coming in.

Stuey74

Private schools are arguing for this and the minister hinted that it may be allowed if the school can prove adherence to the lockdown measures. Very much a work in progress at the moment. Private schools are probably crapping their pants over fees not coming in.
Slightly OT, I have been thinking about this - for public schools. Have been paying mine, wife lost her job at a nursery due to no fees paid. Seen a few debates here around this but seriously considering taking the kids out of school and going online, digital college to be precise. Solves a few problems.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Slightly OT, I have been thinking about this - for public schools. Have been paying mine, wife lost her job at a nursery due to no fees paid. Seen a few debates here around this but seriously considering taking the kids out of school and going online, digital college to be precise. Solves a few problems.
If your kids are old enough to go digital, I would seriously consider it but mine are waaaaaay to young. They need the constant teaching and social presence. I would even consider it for any child aged 12 and up.

Also keep in mind with public if you are short of money, you can claim remission. Schools are struggling as it is though and the government is supposed to help subsidize those but that's another story.

JurgensBeMe

Hell no, my little ****-stain aint going to be 19 when he matriculates. I can barely contain my homicidal urges with him as it stands. He cannot put me trough another year of his ****.

lucifir

Expert Member
that was my understanding as well, as it seems like the school is trying to get as many kids at school as possible, in order to get their fees.