Do you think people should be allowed to walk or jog outside during the lockdown?

Do you think people should be allowed to walk or jog outside during the lockdown?

• Yes

Votes: 128 49.8%
  • No

Votes: 129 50.2%

• Total voters

Radioboy

its a global pandemic. Just stay in your homes. The world wont end if you cant jog for a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azg

Expert Member
A sizeable portion of the population is already exempt from the lockdown, after being classified as essential services - medical, army, police, supermarket workers, manufacturing, municipal services etc. You are allowed to travel to the shops for food or get medical attention. Transport operators will be allowed at certain times to ferry the essential workers. Add that all up and you have a sizeable portion of the population out of their homes.

A few minutes of exercise, whilst practising social distance will not make much of a difference to what is already a compromised lockdown.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
A few minutes of exercise, whilst practising social distance will not make difference to what is already a compromised lockdown.
Do you trust the army? They will moer first and ask questions later. I'm staying inside my house, thanks.

Brian_G

A sizeable portion of the population is already exempt from the lockdown, after being classified as essential services - medical, army, police, supermarket workers, manufacturing, municipal services etc. You are allowed to travel to the shops for food or get medical attention. Transport operators will be allowed at certain times to ferry the essential workers. Add that all up and you have a sizeable portion of the population out of their homes.

A few minutes of exercise, whilst practising social distance will not make much of a difference to what is already a compromised lockdown.
How is making things worse, to any degree, going to help us all beat this??

Azg

Expert Member
How is making things worse, to any degree, going to help us all beat this??
It's not making things worse. The purpose of the lockdown is to enforce social distancing and stop the spread. Which you will still be practicing.

Without the lockdown people would still be passing it on to each other in crowded places - malls, public transport, offices etc.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
No, not outside in public.
They can walk/jog inside their house/yard on one spot. Or find alternatives for exercising at home.

Brian_G

One thing is very unreasonable in all of this - dog owners in flats. (I don't own a dog, just saying.)

garp

Executive Member
Yes.

If the virus is truly so contagious that you can pick it up from merely walking down the road by yourself, or in a park or on a beach then there is no point to this lockdown anyway as that would mean that we are all infected already.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
I wonder if all the people who are so vehemently "NO" on this issue have considered the psychological and sociological harm that is going to come from such a draconian lockdown.
Explain ?

Daruk

Honorary Master
As a runner who desperately wants to be able to run I just have to say no.

I think there is a big difference between running/walking in a township (50 000 people walking around in a tight space) and running/walking in a developed neighborhood (50 people walking at distance) but there has to be a rule for everyone that is the safest.

I think most running/walking groups agree with this

I have set up a gym at home and will be doing strength during this time (arg) hopefully be stronger by the end of it.
Get a spinner and bitgym on a tablet! It will be as if you never left the road lol.
Free till end May (bitgym)

Daruk

Honorary Master
I wonder if all the people who are so vehemently "NO" on this issue have considered the psychological and sociological harm that is going to come from such a draconian lockdown.
My biggest worry is the spike in population in 9 months time. Not joking. It happened in Haiti right after the 2010 quake. It'll likely happen here too.