Do you think people should be allowed to walk or jog outside during the lockdown?

Do you think people should be allowed to walk or jog outside during the lockdown?

• Yes

Votes: 128 49.8%
  • No

Votes: 129 50.2%

• Total voters

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Yes, as long as social distancing is practiced.
Even murders in prison get an hour out in the yard.
What about those in flats
I would have voted, yes, but I know the people in my neighbourhood. The dog will be walked to visit others. Joggers, cyclists, many who will continue to run or cycle in groups and have private meetups.

Yes, people should be allowed to exercise, however, it is the responsibility these people are told to practice that I doubt. In prison the people are already sentenced, they have rules and are monitored, and through this process, there is obedience (pending on who is running the prison).

The people here won't appreciate being told by the police and is likely to schit themselves and run to social media when they are told by the army. Many people are going to moan about their rights, some making up stories as they go.

My Dog Charlie

NO, NO, NO - It's lock down, simply means keep virus transmitters off the streets and out of the public domain. Want some exercise then mow the lawn, make new flower beds, spring clean the garage. There's plenty of ways to exercise, good old fashioned PT, army style works wonders.....! No domestic help for 21 days should provide you with exercise, try cleaning the windows.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Fair enough, but if you watched last night, the little tyrant was revelling in his power trip.
Yip I watched and I honestly have no respect for him whatsoever and can fatherm how the fvck he got to that position
He can talk
He cant comprehend (Press Card)
All he is about is harry die grensvegter
And the ego is bigger than zuma's head

Attachments

smc

What concerns me is, once the lockdown bites, people are going to go to the supermarket twice a day just to get out of the house. Much higher risk than e.g., allowing people to walk or whatever within say 1km of their house.

Iwojima

Expert Member
I would have voted, yes, but I know the people in my neighbourhood. The dog will be walked to visit others. Joggers, cyclists, many who will continue to run or cycle in groups and have private meetups.

Yes, people should be allowed to exercise, however, it is the responsibility these people are told to practice that I doubt. In prison the people are already sentenced, they have rules and are monitored, and through this process, there is obedience (pending on who is running the prison).

The people here won't appreciate being told by the police and is likely to schit themselves and run to social media when they are told by the army. Many people are going to moan about their rights, some making up stories as they go.
Couldn't have said it any better.

The problem is not with those that would apply logic, but rather those that would want to stretch the definition/push the boundaries to the point that the original intention of the lockdown is lost. Unfortunately, sometimes, we must treat everyone like the lowest common denominator.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Yes. As long as you refrain form getting close to others.
Some people are stuk in flats and not getting any sunlight or exercise doesn't seem like a good idea.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Feel free to do as you please if you dare

carnagelan

No, the more people stroling outside the more infected we will get. If everyone obeys the law we will be free after 21 days. Otherwise the lockdown will carry on until the spread minimises

chrisc

Executive Member
In the UK you can walk about outside, but must keep 2 metres distance

In SA, we are so irresponsible that a blanket ban is the best

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Yip I watched and I honestly have no respect for him whatsoever and can fatherm how the fvck he got to that position
He can talk
He cant comprehend (Press Card)
All he is about is harry die grensvegter
And the ego is bigger than zuma's head
What else do you expect from a Minister of Police dressed like a godfather? At least he hasn't dressed like Frank Lucus, yet...

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
The issue seems to be a fear of giving people too much slack, that it will be taken advantage of.
That's why I'm voting no, let's be honest, too many people will abuse anything.
This. I agree 1000%. All the fit phukkers out there will be prancing around in their Adidas and Nike like there is nothing wrong. The vast majority of this country do not have that luxury and stay in extremely small shacks. These same bunch of fitness twits will freak out if the township folk would be walking and running around freely.

So in solidarity with everyone out there with no dogs or stuck in cramped townships I say we all should stay the fark at home.

My 2c.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
I wonder if all the people who are so vehemently "NO" on this issue have considered the psychological and sociological harm that is going to come from such a draconian lockdown.
Snowflakes...