Do you think people should be allowed to walk or jog outside during the lockdown?

Do you think people should be allowed to walk or jog outside during the lockdown?

• Yes

Votes: 128 49.8%
  • No

Votes: 129 50.2%

• Total voters

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
The virus is not airborn, if you don't come within a 1.5m of anyone else and jog alone then its absolutely fine.
Its going to be healthy to go out, most will need it. Might be worse to stay indoors for 3 weeks solid.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I would have voted, yes, but I know the people in my neighbourhood. The dog will be walked to visit others. Joggers, cyclists, many who will continue to run or cycle in groups and have private meetups.

Yes, people should be allowed to exercise, however, it is the responsibility these people are told to practice that I doubt. In prison the people are already sentenced, they have rules and are monitored, and through this process, there is obedience (pending on who is running the prison).

The people here won't appreciate being told by the police and is likely to schit themselves and run to social media when they are told by the army. Many people are going to moan about their rights, some making up stories as they go.
Even so - we are no where near the infection rate required to justify full on house arrest. We go out once a day for a walk and I have noticed everyone practising social distancing its not hard. People move out the way and don't stop at the same spot, friends greet across the road.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Yes.

If the virus is truly so contagious that you can pick it up from merely walking down the road by yourself, or in a park or on a beach then there is no point to this lockdown anyway as that would mean that we are all infected already.
Yes, this ^^^^

This whole situation has been pathetically dealt with as it is, being outside going for a walk and exercising a little self disipline while doing so is no big deal.
Most saffers are by nature wary of others under normal circumstances anyway, this will simply make it doubly so.

Luke7777

Executive Member
One thing is very unreasonable in all of this - dog owners in flats. (I don't own a dog, just saying.)
People in flats shouldn't have dogs :) If I walk/jog to the pharmacy, am I in breach :)

Brian_G

If I walk/jog to the pharmacy, am I in breach :)
I would try that fast walk that some call a sport, then you could claim you were just nervous ;)
(There was some confusion, but we've determined walking to shops is fine.)

Last edited:

Moto Guzzi

No, yes would be partially true but impossible to police.

In chemist today: Red tape marks 1M apart.....In front of me two males that know each other toghether in one spot. At my rear a municipal worker crept up right behind me inches, as I move forward he launches to my rear. This illustrates to me the people just do not know or understand the 1M rule.
The shops were stamped full today, this illustrates they were not got payed by institutions that understand the situation.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
No, yes would be partially true but impossible to police.

In chemist today: Red tape marks 1M apart.....In front of me two males that know each other toghether in one spot. At my rear a municipal worker crept up right behind me inches, as I move forward he launches to my rear. This illustrates to me the people just do not know or understand the 1M rule.
The shops were stamped full today, this illustrates they were not got payed by institutions that understand the situation.
Same happened to me in Dischem today...guy was breathing in my neck.

Turned around and told him to get the fuk back.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Yes.

Don't get me wrong, I know that everyone should stay indoors because it's for the better, but for the past year or so I've been working hard at getting my BP down (as opposed to just taking the meds and rolling with my past couch potato life) by running / walking in the evening. There is next to no one in the streets when I run at night. Maybe I will wave to one or two guards, or see a fellow jogger on the other side of the street. I didn't want to break the habit, and I have finally seen some progress health wise.

WalkWithMe

There is one rule for everyone. If you live in suburb where there is space you would argue yes but most people don’t. This is to stop the spread and have 21 days. If we don’t do this properly we will land up doing longer lockdown.
Cele said it many times this week. Don’t behave we move to State of Emergency with the military in control and then we are screwed.

Look at developed countries in Europe which have lost control of the situation.

India has also put the country on lock down
Almost half the worlds population of around 3 billion people are in some form of lock down now.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
The results of this poll is proof that stupid people exist. Lots of them. What part of lockdown do people not understand?

acidrain

Expert Member
No, because the regulations say so. When it comes to law, personal feelings mean vokol.