Do you think people should be allowed to walk or jog outside during the lockdown?

Do you think people should be allowed to walk or jog outside during the lockdown?

• Yes

Votes: 128 49.8%
  • No

Votes: 129 50.2%

• Total voters

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
I wonder if all the people who are so vehemently "NO" on this issue have considered the psychological and sociological harm that is going to come from such a draconian lockdown.
Its not prison dude. Jeepers. How sad is your life if staying in your home with access to means of communication will hurt you psychologically?

Splinter

Honorary Master
He'll have to answer, but while were going in this direction perhaps he's just flowing with it.
Perhaps. But, my thinking is that we should do what we can to preserve lives until some sort of inoculation or cure is found.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Cabin fever is definitely a thing for most people.
Then most people need to toughen up. If the chinese can do it for months, then so can we for 3 weeks. Its not prison. Its your home. With all its luxuries. If your home doesn't have the necessary luxuries you want, then this is the perfect opportunity to look at your life and work harder.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Its not prison dude. Jeepers. How sad is your life if staying in your home with access to means of communication will hurt you psychologically?
Actually, I think it's folks like you and me who might be considered "sad" :p

I get what you are saying, but some folks are social people who thrive on physical interaction.

ljw1304

Yes, but either alone or with own family. If you don't have a garden, your dog will need to go outside.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
I wonder if all the people who are so vehemently "NO" on this issue have considered the psychological and sociological harm that is going to come from such a draconian lockdown.
Why stop at walking or jogging. I know, I know..."lockdown".....not that anyone cares, but why cant we go to work and beaches. Heck its not like you might be a carrier and infect others.

RonSwanson

Expert Member
No, the more people stroling outside the more infected we will get. If everyone obeys the law we will be free after 21 days. Otherwise the lockdown will carry on until the spread minimises
Free? Do you mean that the coronas will just disappear like *poof*?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
No, the more people stroling outside the more infected we will get. If everyone obeys the law we will be free after 21 days. Otherwise the lockdown will carry on until the spread minimises
Not even close to reality.

KinsZA

Expert Member
No, because you cant trust people as a whole to not exploit a situation or just be morons.