Do you think President Cyril Ramaphosa should fire the police, state security, and military ministers?

Do you think President Cyril Ramaphosa should fire the police, state security, and military minister

• Yes

Votes: 305 97.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 2.6%

• Total voters

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Whilst I suggest that Ramaphosa cleans up the state security organs, he must also endeavour at making the ministries compact, we need a lean and clean political machine. He did say that he wanted to address patriarchy.

Solarion

Honorary Master
There are no "good people" in the ANC. They have already left, through resignation or death.

I know a couple of good ones. Their hands get tied though with lack of funding and political interference from upstairs but they do what they can.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I know a couple of good ones. Their hands get tied though with lack of funding and political interference from upstairs but they do what they can.
You're making my point for me but I'll say it again:
There are no good people in the ANC.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
As usual, Zapiro gets right to the point:

210716dm-1-corrected-1000x704.jpg

noxibox

Honorary Master
Should not even be a question - the fact that he has not done so already shows he does not have the backbone or will to make the tough changes we need.
He should also fire himself as this is definitely too hard for him... Mr NoBalls
More people who think a South African president wields unlimited power. It would almost be funny he did resign and was then replaced by Dlamini-Zuma or similar.

Although these 3 are all incompetent, partisan or both and should be replaced, they are just the current top floaters. The entire philosophy of entitlement and blind loyalty to cadres has to be replaced. Personal greed is so widespread through our society that removing a few figureheads can't solve the problem.
Personal greed is a problem all over. As is partisanship.

Far too many people clinging to outmoded thinking. Too many who think whatever is their preferred simplistic economic religion is the silver bullet.

As in other countries I don't think the loyalty is blind. It just trumps the shortcomings of those people.

OCP

Expert Member
More people who think a South African president wields unlimited power. It would almost be funny he did resign and was then replaced by Dlamini-Zuma or similar.

The poll/thread question was regarding the police, state security, and military ministers - NOT the president.

I am well aware the president does not wield unlimited power but he does have the power to table the motion which by extension is what we are referring to.

KikzAzz

The Minister of defense chatised the private security at the malls for standing around and not doing anything, but it is ok for the Police to just look on. And then Squirrel comes out and says that no one is allowed to take the law in their own hands.

So what is the expectation?? Never mind the fact that they were not prepared, did not know what they were doing. They now want to take on the people that actually assisted in stopping all of the mayhem.

What a bloody circus.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Do you think President Cyril Ramaphosa should fire the police, state security, and military ministers?
What the president of the country needs to do is put the country first, ahead of party.

He can do that by ensuring that everyone that enabled the acts of terrorism (whether through direct or indirect involvement, incompetence, corruption, inaction, or whatever wildcard placeholder) is arrested without any further delay, that includes SAPS, SSA, ANC, EFFoff putty, the entire Zuma family and distant extended relatives.

To that end, he needs to make sure that whoever is in charge of SAPS, SSA, NPA, and SANDF, are not Zuma supporters, are competent, and not corrupt. I have my doubts as to whether such persons actually exist in SA, but start with not Zuma supporters and evaluate competence and not corrupt thereafter.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
What the president of the country needs to do is put the country first, ahead of party.

He can do that by ensuring that everyone that enabled the acts of terrorism (whether through direct or indirect involvement, incompetence, corruption, inaction, or whatever wildcard placeholder) is arrested without any further delay, that includes SAPS, SSA, ANC, EFFoff putty, the entire Zuma family and distant extended relatives.

To that end, he needs to make sure that whoever is in charge of SAPS, SSA, NPA, and SANDF, are not Zuma supporters, are competent, and not corrupt. I have my doubts as to whether such persons actually exist in SA, but start with not Zuma supporters and evaluate competence and not corrupt thereafter.
Could have should have would have warra warra....ANC says nope! Can`t believe you actually spent the time writing all of that.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Fire as in terminate employment, or fire at as in shoot them?
If only these were not mutually exclusive options, in an alternate universe there is a utopian SA because they still have the death penalty, sadly not in this universe.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
He should also fire himself as this is definitely too hard for him... Mr NoBalls

He should fire himself too, but nothing will change in the country in any event.

Sure. There must be plenty of ANC cadres who can do better

Cyril himself should resign in utter disgrace. Fat chance of that happening, let alone any ANC cadre getting the boot.

Who would be good replacements ?

(Did not vote)

Can you imagine who would be replacing Cyril?

There are no "good people" in the ANC. They have already left, through resignation or death.

Eish, you fellas sometimes.

If Cyril "fires himself" we'd be in more s&"%t than now.

Are you all forgetting David Mabuza, I'd rather have Cyril for now.

Lots of valid points here. Better the devil we know than the devil we don't
Who would replace these people in their seats? And who would replace Cyril?
Jissus :oops:
My sphincter tightens, in a not-nice-way just thinking about it.

rvZA

Executive Member
Lots of valid points here. Better the devil we know than the devil we don't
Who would replace these people in their seats? And who would replace Cyril?
Jissus :oops:
My sphincter tightens, in a not-nice-way just thinking about it.

Cyril cannot be president for life. He will have to go at some point in time. Might just as well face the inevitable rather sooner than later. Cyril cannot run the country. He is hopelessly useless.

grok

Honorary Master
Fire as in terminate employment, or fire at as in shoot them?
Ooh I do so love options..

At least the world got to have a good look at rampaging members of a specific race group on social media. Maybe they'll also now slightly better understand the need for separate development as put forward by the previous regime.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Where is the other option?

He should disband the entire government and call a snap ellection.

Reactions: OCP