Do you think Showmax Pro will be successful in South Africa?

Do you think Showmax Pro will be successful in South Africa?

• Yes

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 263 91.6%

• Total voters

nivek

Executive Member
honestly, multichoice need to fire the dinosaurs that still work there from the legacy broadcasting world because they seem to be struggling to adapt their offering to the needs of the consumer in 2020. Alternatively, they can just hurry up and die like blackberry & kodak and release their licensing monopoly

Lupus

Honorary Master
I suspect the real reason is they believe South Africans are dumb enough willing to pay more.

Like you do for everything else.
Actually more likely competition, in the rest of Africa DSTV isn't the only supplier.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Multichoice: We're launching Showmax Pro. It has streaming sport.

South Africans: Streaming sport?! That's fantas....

Multichoice: Woah! Not so fast there, pal.

Last edited:

MeestaR

Expert Member
No, no, no... R450 for Showmax "Pro"?? Nee dankie. I have other fees to pay.

.. 1597916657187.png

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Actually more likely competition, in the rest of Africa DSTV isn't the only supplier.
I don't think so. The Kenyans pay more for DSTV Premium (R1100+) and less for Showmax Pro (R330). Streaming wise they've got pretty much the same services as we do.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
They can keep it, and I will continue supporting a superior competitor. For half the price, and 4k, not crappy 720p. Eish!!!

Peon

Expert Member
What I smaak is that no matter how much constructive criticism you leverage it wont sway moerchoice at all.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Yeah nope.

This service will cost them Premium subscribers, but not be very successful at attracting previous Premium subscribers who have cancelled.

I would tend towards thinking it might slow the rate of Multichoice losing subscriber numbers overall for a while.

netstrider

Expert Member
I only want rugby. Why can't they give us more than one option? Why is it football and other things or nothing?

Football & Other
Rugby & Cricket & Other

I get football has a huge following, but there's some of us who can't stand it and we're willing to pay for a different sport.