Do you think Showmax Pro will be successful in South Africa?

• Yes

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 263 91.6%

• Total voters

L-Dog

Expert Member
No rugby, cricket, golf or F1... I will stick to overpriced DSTV

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Only explanation I can think of is something that's accepted these days as a household item. No matter your class. Look at shacks, they've all got dishes. Although recent years there's been an exodus to Startsat et al
Nope most of them is ETV's free Openview as I do some installations. They have 16 channels. Once of the decoder R599 plus dish and installation.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Won't be very successful at this price point, costs as much as Compact and then still uses data on top of that? It will have very lacklustre uptake in my opinion.

judalion55

We watch rugby, cricket, and I like tennis and motorsports (F1)...none of them are on the list for now. so, no thanks.

gam3jaxx

Well they have have Afrikaans people who watches KykNie like my folks by the curlies with premium

bengine

I personally don't think that the direction taken by media distribution is going in the right direction. For a time they seemed to have got it right, Netflix was aggregating content but they have now decided to split back into the old satallite / bouquet model which in my view is going backwards. Torrents grew in popularity - not because they were free but because they provided what people wanted. Forcing multiple subscriptions to get (a not even complete) spread of content does not work for me and it does not work for a lot of people. One channel has insufficient quality content to make it worth it.
When they stop chasing selfish greedy models and look at how people want to consume content then we might see a new kid on the block make a difference - until then I don't see it working.

Hackson

Pretty sure this will go up in price every year just like their DSTV product. Netflix and Normal Showmax haven't changed prices in a while.

Imarc

Multichoice is confused and will be its doom, in this streaming age.

redspark

Expert Member
I wanna say yes and believe the DSTV people but they have had so many opportunity to improve their product offering and stay with/ahead of the competition.