Do you think South Africa will move to lockdown level 2 on Monday?

Do you think South Africa will move to lockdown level 2 on Monday?

• Yes

Votes: 159 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 135 45.9%

• Total voters

donal

And 2 days later we'll have whoever is really in power release a statement saying 'no, that wasn't what we meant by level 2'.

neoprema

Executive Member
I think we should aim for Level 2 for 1st September, but unban alcohol and cigs now. We need the social distancing, and border closures for longer to ensure we are well over the peak.

But the alcohol thing was just stupid.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Yes but the ban on smokes and alcohol will probably also move to level 2 on Monday.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Well Koosie is not scheduled to make any speeches tonight so I guess tomorrow then?
Probably
I hope your back is good by then, coz tomorrow night we make the fire massive for our Friday braai and we get drunk for Uncle Cyril's puppet speech that he delivers from Kopdoeks arm up his ass !!

garp

Executive Member
Honestly don't care. My local community has been well and truly on level #VoetsekANC since the last alcohol ban started (which is indistinguishable from level nought). Restaurants serve alcohol, smokes are freely available and nobody cares too much about the curfew (or wearing masks, for that matter).

Drifter

Honorary Master
Well , here masks are being worn, no booze or smokes available, screening at all shopping centres and no access without a mask. Guess it depends on the area.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
I must say that Lockdown has had no major impact on my daily life, apart from wearing a mask.

As others have stated, booze, vape juice etc. is very easily available and we've had numerous braai/dinner/sleepover events during the last 2 months anyway.

And I honestly think our economy is fukked beyond repair anyway.

But I do have friends and family for whom I wish that all these fleecing prices for booze and ciggies are soon a thing from the past...

ab-user

Expert Member
My fellow South Africans, we will move to level 2 on a day determined by the presidential over-ride, NDZ

Itsa Trap

Expert Member
Logical way to go would be yes, with limitations on alcohol sales per person if they HAD to do it.

And since logic dictates one direction, generally the ANC and their derivatives in red, will always FOK the complete opposite way, so I voted no.

Surprise me madam President.

Jeez very sceptical bunch here - I guess it is deserved but with the Gauteng ANC essentially saying they agree with opening up the economy more, it's a done deal in eyes.