Do you think the alcohol and cigarette bans should be lifted?

• Yes

Votes: 673 92.8%
  • No

Votes: 52 7.2%

• Total voters

MoonshineSA

Irresponsible people should not be a reason for punishing responsible people. Introduce heavier fines for being drunk and disorderly for happy drunks and jail time for abusive drunks, then they might self regulate. Smokers who have one for the road and stagger all over the road or beat up a passerby should be subject to the same penalties.

MoonshineSA

We need a face-palm emoji. Waiting on the idiots to out themselves.

I come in peace. I'm also a vegan, the cows and the lamb I eat also eat grass, so that makes me vegan.
You have obviously had political skewed logic training.

Raleigh

I love my nightly sun downer. Now I do so illegally. And how many are smoking and drinking illegally because of this dysfunctional state.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I love my nightly sun downer. Now I do so illegally. And how many are smoking and drinking illegally because of this dysfunctional state.
Drinking isn't illegal. Enjoy it with a clear conscience. :)

MoonshineSA

Has government even considered what would happen to our economy if 60% of smokers quit and refused to smoke even when the ban is lifted?

Nomad2

If they hadn't banned them they wouldn't have needed the IMF loan. Jobs have now been lost and the country is in more debt.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Ooooooooh .....now we wait........ the suspense is killing me ......

/pops out to grab a twak and a dop

MoonshineSA

Running the risk that you are just trolling here - it's a rhetorical question
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"
If a bear's in the woods and no one is around to see it, does it ****? :ROFL:
I found the answer, it smokes and drinks in the woods, and all this time I thought the **** was a rude word. Sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: Swa

jpbarnard2019

Idialistically, I would vote No, because I detest smoking, it is medically proven bad for smokers and passive smokers (the rest of us breathing your pollution fumes, Mr Smoker) and alcohol has many health detriments, too. But, pragmatically, because many businesses depend upon our addictions, I have voted Yes.

Lupus

Honorary Master
It's only illegal to sell it, the actual act of drinking or smoking is still fine