Do you think the ANC has the ability to decisively act against corruption?

• Yes

Votes: 17 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 482 96.6%

• Total voters

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Awaits the usual 10+- idiotic morons yes vote
I voted yes because I think they do have the ability. As Cray said, what's lacking is the will and determination to tackle corruption. They could if they really wanted to.

binkybozo

I think the question should be "does the ANC care about acting against corruption?"

pmbabela

Why should they stop it? It's very lucrative for them, they don't have an incentive to stop it.
Imagine a system that you can bend in interesting ways and make it award a 3 million PPE tender to one of your sons. Why would they want to stop a system that uses public funds to enrich ANC connected individuals?

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
i answered yes simply because these polls always ask stupid rhetorical questions we all know the answer to.

What plausible reason do the other 4 yes voters have????

Azg

Expert Member
No. There are too many corrupt senior ANC officials, and expecting them to investigate/ punish themselves is ridiculous.

I thought of more interest is whether the police and the legal system (NPA, DPCI, courts etc) will for once deal decisively with corruption and ensure culprits are sent to prison & monies recovered. Make an example out of them.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
So far we have 5 completely brain dead, **** stain, **** waffles.

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Not when you have aliar as president. Do the search on Africa Check how many stats etc he twisted.

Ryansr

Expert Member
What I want to know is who in their right frame of mind voted Yes?

TysonRoux

Executive Member
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA more than half of the ANC would be in jail, ......oh, I see its only non-ANC that they're talking about.

IT'S ABOUT TIME PEOPLE WERE JAILED FOR STEALING PUBLIC FUNDS - MAKHURA
The SIU has already laid charges against three companies in a single case reported to the police over the tender irregularities in Gauteng.

The wheels of justice appear to be slowly turning in Gauteng, where officials implicated in tender fraud will face disciplinary cases and criminal charges, while a case has been opened with the police against three companies.

Premier David Makhura has said that it was about time that people were jailed for stealing public funds, promising that action would be taken as the Special Investigating Unit (SIU) continued with its probe of the province’s COVID-19 tender irregularities.

The SIU has already laid charges against three companies in a single case reported to the police over the tender irregularities in Gauteng.

This comes after Gauteng Premier David Makhura announced that the unit had identified former chief financial officer Kabelo Lehloenya, who quit the post in June, and the chief director for supply chain management Thandy Pino as the enablers of corruption in the provincial Health Department.

The SIU has been investigating COVID-19 related tender fraud among other crimes in the province since May, with its eyes set on 102 companies that received contracts worth R2.2 billion.

Meanwhile, Makhura said that it was about time that wrongdoers faced jail time.

"There must be a culture that when an investigation identifies [a suspect], money must be recovered, the process of getting to recover that money takes place with immediate effect."

Others facing allegations over tender irregularities are the province’s Health MEC Bandile Masuku, his wife, Joburg MMC Loyiso Masuku and the family of presidential spokesperson Khusela Diko, who are all currently on a leave of absence.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Lets see ..........

SAA - Fail
Eskom .... Fail
Transnet ...... Fail
Post Office .... Fail
SASSA .... Fail

this is a toughie .............

Arthur

Honorary Master
I voted Yes.

Of course the ANC has the ability to decisively act against corruption.

What it lacks is the will.