Do you think the government should allow the sale of alcohol during the lockdown?

Do you think the government should allow the sale of alcohol during the lockdown?

• Yes

Votes: 188 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 147 43.9%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Do you think the government should allow the sale of alcohol during the lockdown? Are you concerned that it may cause problems?

Snyper564

Executive Member
yay its a friday thread about to start just a continuation of last weeks chaos

jezzad

Expert Member
Yes and thats my selfish opinion.

On the other hand alcohol leads to more injuries and more visits to hospitals clogging up resources.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Sorry but I voted no.
Will cause people to cause more k@k
Townships will be one big party as there is no work tomorrow
More car accidents
More stabbings
More rapes
More beatings
More assaults
More child abuse
More spouse abuse
More people out unnecessarily
More assaults and abuse of power by sandf and saps - yes they will be drunk on duty
Hospitals and clinics will be full again and not be able to cope with the expected influx

RedViking

Nord of the South
Alcohol we can do without. People will survive. Don't think it is necessary. We know the effect it has on people. I know the effect it has on the town. Although there are people who use it responsibility, the negative impact outweigh the positive.

Smokes I don't see a problem with. Its an 'addiction' people need and smoking doesn't have the side effects of alcohol. Might even keep some people calm.

A difficult decision, specially with the drinking culture in SA. (can't speak for other countries)

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Yes. The excuses used to ban the sale of alcohol during the lockdown can be used any other time. People supporting the ban agrees with government infringing on individual rights.

Saying alcohol is bad because some people are idiots on it is the same as saying mountain climbing is bad because some people fall and use hospital beds.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Voted yes, so we are more in line with the rest of the world.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Said yes but Cele's already spoken on the matter and we know he's running the show.

D3nz

Honorary Master
Long before this a nurse told me that a number of the beds in the state hospital where she works are occupied by people who have been in physical altercations...I vote no.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
No, I not think they should lift the ban on all alcohol. They should rather do a soft ban, and only sell beers and beverages with low alcohol content. This way everyone wins.
10 quarts has the same effect as a bottle of Brandy...