Do you use a paid-for music streaming service?

Do you use a paid-for music streaming service?

• Yes

Votes: 179 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 29.2%

• Total voters

Matt91

Apple Music - but I would go back to Spotify if I had an Android. #justsaying

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
No , I just use Radio Garden , basically any radio station in the world is available.

ECHLN

I have Tidal, Apple Music and Spotify but Spotify is the one I use the most. Its so much better than the other two.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Apple Music - but I would go back to Spotify if I had an Android. #justsaying
Spotify supports iOS and Mac though, so why not just switch right now?

I have Tidal, Apple Music and Spotify but Spotify is the one I use the most. Its so much better than the other two.
Then why pay for the others?

Flare

I'm on Apple Music, although I don't use Apple phones anymore. The only thing keeping me there is my Classic Rock and Pop playlist with a duration of over 9 hours, full of music from the 80s and 90s. So, I downloaded Apple Music app on my Note 8.

Monka

Used to have Apple music until i bought an android device then switched to Spotify

ECHLN

I'm on a family plan for Apple Music and Tidal is free for me (can't say why). I only pay for Spotify because it's that good.

Matt91

Apple music just seems to integrate better especially when you're using the watch and ear-pods.

Hemps

Executive Member
Apple Music also has Mastered for iTunes.

I must admit, they do sound very good, As I understand it, apple takes the Master and then turns it into 256kbs iTunes format, so from Master to itunes format with some "fiddling".
Instead of Master, CD, other formats.

"At the end of the day, this means that music consumers purchasing their music on iTunes now have the opportunity to purchase music that is much closer in quality to your original 24-bit master than ever before."

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Apple Music also has Mastered for iTunes.

I must admit, they do sound very good, As I understand it, apple takes the Master and then turns it into 256kbs iTunes format, so from Master to itunes format with some "fiddling".
Instead of Master, CD, other formats.

"At the end of the day, this means that music consumers purchasing their music on iTunes now have the opportunity to purchase music that is much closer in quality to your original 24-bit master than ever before."
The problem with Apple Music has never been the quality of the music. Even without special mastered tracks, I've regarded their quality as the highest in real-world use. The library management and upload facility are also the best by miles. But iTunes and the mobile apps are sluggish, and the quality of the curated, personalised and generated playlists is abysmal imo. It's for the last point alone that I use Spotify - what good is any music service if you don't discover loads of awesome new music?

Hemps

Executive Member
The problem with Apple Music has never been the quality of the music. Even without special mastered tracks, I've regarded their quality as the highest in real-world use. The library management and upload facility are also the best by miles. But iTunes and the mobile apps are sluggish, and the quality of the curated, personalised and generated playlists is abysmal imo. It's for the last point alone that I use Spotify - what good is any music service if you don't discover loads of awesome new music?

True, their curated stuff needs attention, regarding the quality I was surprised to come across a thread on steve hoffmans website where many if not all rave about this Mastered for itunes bit so I actually subbed over the weekend and gave it a bash and compared songs to my existing library "obtained" from Deezer, qobuz, Tidal cough cough and I must admit the quality is damn good if not not better, I chose songs I have listened to since the 80's and know inside out.

Mosgi

Currently on Spotify, was unimpressed with some of their playlists, but realised there are multiple with the same name.

I dont really use it much so I'll be cancelling soon and thanks to this thread likely moving to YouTube family account and sharing the love.