Do you use a smart parking service like Admyt or KaChing?

Do you use a smart parking service like Admyt or KaChing?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Geoff.D

Executive Member
No because it is just another middleman in the chain who will want his cut which ultimately gets recovered from the under user.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I've yet to understand the point of mall paid parking,
never used to exist, just started when malls managment got greedy, and wanted more profits from consumers.

if you ask me, all malls should have free parking, and encourage people to park as long as they like,
as more cars=more people=more tenants profiting=bigger rents.

this idea of paid parking is just another excuse to grab money from people, while keeping said tenants happy.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
I've yet to understand the point of mall paid parking,
never used to exist, just started when malls managment got greedy, and wanted more profits from consumers.

if you ask me, all malls should have free parking, and encourage people to park as long as they like,
as more cars=more people=more tenants profiting=bigger rents.

this idea of paid parking is just another excuse to grab money from people, while keeping said tenants happy.
There are a few malls that have free parking where people make misuse of it to use the Gautrain for instance. That doesn't help the mall at all.

The problem I have with the free parking malls is the car guards. I don't particularly like them hanging around.

I tend to go to the malls with 1 hour free parking, but it seems like they are also become less and less.

ekske1

Expert Member
There are a few malls that have free parking where people make misuse of it to use the Gautrain for instance. That doesn't help the mall at all.

The problem I have with the free parking malls is the car guards. I don't particularly like them hanging around.

I tend to go to the malls with 1 hour free parking, but it seems like they are also become less and less.
or free parking for other companies " across the road "

Geoff.D

Executive Member
And there is another aspect and that it is just another pay system that you voluntarily give permission to access your financial details.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Paying for parking is a complete rip off. So yes I agree that all mall parking should be free.
its worse next to me, its literally a complete annoyance, for no good reason.
our local mall had it at R10 for an hour, but if you buy anything at PNP, even a plastic bag for 50c, you will get a till slip with a QR code,
you scan the QR code, and your parking is free, complete waste of time and energy, and just irritating really.

(did try be sneaky and save this QR code, but apparently its generated constantly all the time)

like I said an ANNOYANCE, and only local residents who visit often will know about it,
otherwise you will pay the R10 and go away, but this was my point earlier,

ALL parking, undercover,outside, ALL of it should be free, as more cars =more people shopping=people staying longer and buying more=more profits.

its just a moneymaking opportunity besides the tenants rent, and to keep tenants happy to stay in the mall.