Do you use the Post Office?

Do you use the Post Office?

• Yes

Votes: 159 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 269 62.9%

• Total voters

Vimalsardar

Only if I have no other choice. I try to pay extra to have my parcels delivered to my door. However, some online sellers don't do courier deliveries and only go through the post office. I've had numerous parcels go into Witpos sorting hub but never come out

maodonovan

Their track record of delivering items from overseas suggest that the SAPO / Customs nexus is a form of institutionalised theft. Not only is their communication abysmal items are ostensibly "destroyed" rather than delivered. are item not.

FrenchieB

I receive parcel from overseas as I shop online. Sadly the post office needs to be revamped, they make the people who are waiting for grants (money out) sit in nice rows and have more than one teller, but the people who are actually visiting the post office for a specific other reason (money in) must stand and be helped by one teller. It makes more sense to look after the people paying your salaries (money in) than money out people but the post office is backwards... their screen for the queue is also behind you. Do they only hire retarded criminals?

Buhpsi

Do you use the SA Post Office for local or international package delivery? If so, what is your experience?
International orders off AliExpress. One time I had went to collect two parcels at Boulders PO, that arrived two days apart at the PO. But I only got one because the lady, and I quote, was lazy to open the box that had packages from the date my second package came. The audacity

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
No, I don't use the Post Office, I don't need to wait 6 months for delivery, nor to have my stuff damaged or lost, or stolen, so I stay far away.

If someone says send it Post Office , I say No. If the can not send any other way, then I go buy somewhere else.

SuperAl

After a few times that packages "got lost" or arrived 6 months later and on one occaision, had to pay R65 for a R30 pair of gift headphones. I gave up with the SAPO.

I think hat the only reason people enter a SAPO office is to pay for their vehicle licences as that is even more painful at the traffic department.

CobusReg

Do you use the SA Post Office for local or international package delivery? If so, what is your experience?
No, I try to avoid the SA Post Office as far as possible. Too many negative experiences. 1) Had to claim for a lost (or was it stolen in the mail?) parcel from the overseas supplier. 2) Every week I get incorrect delivered letters delivered to my complex. That is just not good enough. So I avoid them.

Defjam97

I have used the SA Post Office and in my experience, they have had poor tracking and usually they tell me if my post has arrived only a few days prior to delivery

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I use the Post Office but not for any parcels. I had had too many problems with parcels disappearing.

amsterdamage

No, not if I can help. Too damn risky considering that you may get raped and murdered in the post office nowadays.