Votes: 164 58.6%
  • What's WhatsApp?

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 54 19.3%

• Total voters

notayoba

Expert Member
Hate them and mostly ignore them if they are more than about 10 seconds.

My mother in law has a horrible habit of dropping looonnnggg droning daily 'update' voicenotes on a family whatsapp group, and then hiding vital information a few minutes in, long after I've stopped listening.

I often get caught in scenarios where I've planned to do something on the weekend and then get hit with a "We better get ready for (insert random family member here)'s party that we're going to" and that info was hidden 3 minutes into some droning voice note that I only half listened to.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Hate them and mostly ignore them if they are more than about 10 seconds.

My mother in law has a horrible habit of dropping looonnnggg droning daily 'update' voicenotes on a family whatsapp group, and then hiding vital information a few minutes in, long after I've stopped listening.

I often get caught in scenarios where I've planned to do something on the weekend and then get hit with a "We better get ready for (insert random family member here)'s party that we're going to" and that info was hidden 3 minutes into some droning voice note that I only half listened to.

I don't listen to them - period.

Pandarye

They have their place and there are limited circumstances where it makes sense to use them but I generally hate receiving voice notes.

The only thing worse than receiving them is being in the presence of someone who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to have a full on voice note conversation in public. Playing their messages at full volume and then shouting their replies at their phone like an idiot.

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

Expert Member
Never understood these clowns using them. If you want to talk to me, call me then you talk I answer immediately and so on like normal people have conversation.
If not. type a message.

Solarion

Honorary Master
If you have problems with your neck like I do, recovering injury, then sitting staring at a phone is real issue I've discovered. Have to keep my head upright and my phone at eye level or face much pain afterward. Voice notes have their place if only for those with physical injury or disability.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
My issue is listening to voice notes - often i am in a public place or work or with other people, and how are you supposed to listen to this then? Ridiculous to have to hold your phone up to your ear View attachment 1226760

You just hold it up how you normally hold the phone and it then plays over the normal phone call speakers (at least that's how my cheap Samsung does it).

RedViking

Nord of the South
My issue is listening to voice notes - often i am in a public place or work or with other people, and how are you supposed to listen to this then? Ridiculous to have to hold your phone up to your ear View attachment 1226760
You just hold it like a normal phone call and it switches the ear speaker.

saturnz

Honorary Master
I don't use voicenotes, but since I was forced to use the new "app" on pc, I can no longer send messages to myself, which is rather annoying

PoppieChoffel

Honorary Master
I hated them prior to current position, and on-going "fatigue" of Covid. It's a real battle to type stuff out with this "symptom".

They have their place as annoying as they are.