Do you want a free VPS? - Always free - from Oracle

So I managed to get an instance in joburg....however its not saying always free....did I do it wrong?
Will I be able to use it once my trial is over?

So I managed to get an instance in joburg....however its not saying always free....did I do it wrong?
Will I be able to use it once my trial is over?
As long as the specs are within the free tier limits (4 cores, 28gb ram, max 200gb combined storage), it'll stay free.
And yes, you'll still be able to use it once your trial is over.

edit: 24gb not 28.

Last edited:
As long as the specs are within the free tier limits (4 cores, 28gb ram, max 200gb combined storage), it'll stay free.
And yes, you'll still be able to use it once your trial is over.
24gb of ram.

Ok thanks.

Yeah in the AD-1 domain, but there is no option to change it.
Mentioned this earlier in the thread but demand is just high for the ampere instances (seems to be all regions now and not just EU).

You can either use the instance creation script or upgrade to PAYG then instantly create which ever instance you want.

Just wondering.
Are people still using their ampere instances and if so, for what? (it's not a must to answer the second part :))

Also wondering if anyone has had major issues since it seems like oracle cloud in za has less problems compared to other regions.

Just wondering.
Are people still using their ampere instances and if so, for what? (it's not a must to answer the second part :))

Also wondering if anyone has had major issues since it seems like oracle cloud in za has less problems compared to other regions.

Been using it for ages. Very reliable. Super fast disk io if you change the speeds and unlimited traffic at 4Gbps all for free? No one can complain.

Just wondering.

Some web services on docker that I don’t want to run on my home server. Very rarely down and don’t need to pay AWS or Azure.

Been using it for ages. Very reliable. Super fast disk io if you change the speeds and unlimited traffic at 4Gbps all for free? No one can complain.
And you're using for...distributing ISOs right? They allow that?

Using it for a minecraft bedrock server. Works well!

My 11 year old took over the management of it.

Reactions: OCP
I'm running a nice little k3s cluster on 2 nodes. (I know I need a third node for HA)
Hosting my certmanager, traefik, longhorn, authentik, adguardhome, postgres, and a few other things. Works like a charm.

This allows me to use private dns on my phone to the adguard instance :D

Back