DoC: We need a strong, independent ICASA

Kabal

He knows what must happen, we know what must happen, but will telkom and the guavament allowed it to happen... We can only be hopefull, we can but do nothing else...

iCubed.Saajid

"We hope that the system will be implemented from the 1st April 2011,” said Padayachie.

I can't believe that nobody picked up this little gem, and milked it for all it's worth. Are attitudes on MyBB changing?? Or should I blame this on today being Friday?

dj_jyno

Expert Member
“In this regard, we will actively support and promote its collaboration with the international institutions, such as the International Telecommunications Union
So DVB-T it is, then.

I'm just glad that someone has finally realised that ICASA needs an overhaul. Let's hope the minister delivers.

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
Well, at least he is not scared of setting timescales. Reform of ICASA by April, LLU by November. A new broom brushing clean? Or a rope to hang himself by?

I think he means what he says, but carrying the rest of the DoC and ICASA with him will be no easy task. Rather him than me.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
I think he means what he says, but carrying the rest of the DoC and ICASA with him will be no easy task. Rather him than me.
This is exactly what I feel. Padayachie is most likely very dedicated, has great intensions and is currently very serious about his plans, but for these plans to come together he needs effective staff, a fast moving regulator and even phone lines and communication channels that work (http://mybroadband.co.za/news/telecoms/16533-Talk-cheap.html). He has an enormous challenge in front of him!

antowan

Honorary Master
I hope Roy lives up to my expectations. I personally have very high hopes for him. :)

MickeyD

RIP
I hope he has the balls to clear out the non-performers at the DoC and ICASA. Unless these two bodies function as per HIS instruction, he is screwed.