Magandroid

Expert Member
Watched this recently. The Chinese are so far ahead when it comes to technology. No wonder the US thinks the Chinese are the greatest threat to the WEST.

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
Netflix Doccie - The Greatest Events of WWII in Color.
Enjoyed it thoroughly but it was quite a heavy watch for me.

rrh

Expert Member
Colette - well worth a watch
Colette, a film released by the Guardian, has won the Oscar for best documentary short at the 93rd Academy Awards in Los Angeles.

Written and directed by Anthony Giacchino, and produced by Alice Doyard, Annie Small and Aaron Matthews, Colette tells the story of 90-year-old former French resistance member Colette Marin-Catherine, who visits the concentration camp where her brother was murdered during the war with a young history student, Lucie Fouble.

Anthony Giacchino, writer and director of Colette, said: “We’re deeply honoured and humbled that Colette has won the Oscar … but our deepest gratitude goes to Colette and Lucie, for allowing us to share their story and bear witness to their journey.”

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Standing in the Shadows of Motown (2002)

Part celebration of music-making and part history lesson - joyful and a little sad at times. Outstanding music, needless to say.

rambo919

Honorary Master

Instead of starting at the beginning he starts at the modern era including DNA databases and works backwards. From the most easily provable to the least.

He also pokes at common ethnic assumptions as he goes.

His biases are obvious and he makes no attempt to hide them.

First vid of a 25 vid series.

Cray

Honorary Master

Instead of starting at the beginning he starts at the modern era including DNA databases and works backwards. From the most easily provable to the least.

He also pokes at common ethnic assumptions as he goes.

His biases are obvious and he makes no attempt to hide them.

First vid of a 25 vid series.
The Doctor also works for Answers in Genesis...

https://answersingenesis.org/bios/nathaniel-jeanson/

Cray

Honorary Master
The vid link is literally from their channel :ROFL:

Depending on your biases you may or may not take the information seriously.

To each his own.
I think most people know that Ken Ham is the Answers in Genesis guy, I certainly hadn't seen this guy before and the video treats him almost as a guest speaker without saying that he actually works for AIG, but yeah each to their own.

rambo919

Honorary Master
I think most people know that Ken Ham is the Answers in Genesis guy, I certainly hadn't seen this guy before and the video treats him almost as a guest speaker without saying that he actually works for AIG, but yeah each to their own.
I think you have a wrong impression. It's not that AiG is an employer as much as a non-profit with associations.

He's not getting paid to toe the line, it's more like a university that's giving a lecture spot to a free professor that has chosen to associate himself with the organization for as long as he feels like it.

In fact I doubt he's even getting paid at all, sponsored at best.

Cray

Honorary Master
I think you have a wrong impression. It's not that AiG is an employer as much as a non-profit with associations.

He's not getting paid to toe the line, it's more like a university that's giving a lecture spot to a free professor

You know professors get paid right?

that has chosen to associate himself with the organization for as long as he feels like it.

In fact I doubt he's even getting paid at all, sponsored at best.
Certainly looks like he works for them to me...

Dr. Nathaniel Jeanson holds a PhD in cell and developmental biology from Harvard University. He serves as a research biologist, author, and speaker with Answers in Genesis and formerly conducted research with the Institute for Creation Research.

I certainly can't find information about him working anywhere else, and a youtube search reveals him doing all manner of things for AIG, including an interview about their ark. The YouTube video about his book is also hosted on the AIG youtube channel.

His linked-in profile says the following....

"Research Associate at Answers in Genesis"

And it's listed as his experience for 6 years...

rambo919

Honorary Master
You know professors get paid right?
Not all of them are on the permenent payroll though, not all universities function the same.
Certainly looks like he works for them to me...

I certainly can't find information about him working anywhere else, and a youtube search reveals him doing all manner of things for AIG, including an interview about their ark. The YouTube video about his book is also hosted on the AIG youtube channel.
You know not everything is actually available through google right? And that not everyone posts all their streams of income on facebook?

Maybe he's a fulltime researcher that happens to use AiG to distribute/publish instead of another organization and earns a living off of booksales. This is hardly something unique outside of the the captured secular industry, many ministries are also small publishing houses because there is no alternative.

Make what you will of this. Both of us are at best speculating about how he derives income.

If you dislike AiG for some reason that's your prerogative, as I said he makes no attempt to hide his biases.

EDIT: nvm.... turns out he actually does work there officially...... still don't see your concern.

Last edited: