Dodgy - reminder of your outstanding Vumatel invoice

daneza

I'm disliking Vumatel more and more every day.

My immediate reaction to OP was phishing scam, clumped along with the ABSA "log in here to view PoP" and Luno "Sign in here to update your details" messages. But maumau has changed my mind. These debt buyers / collecters are bottom feeding scum.

The line belonging to the people I'm staying with has been down for 2 days and often has issues. They have big hate for Vuma.

WickedMONK3Y

http://nimblegroup.co.za/contact/

This company seems legit though? Surely Vumatel should be cracking down on them if they are using Vumatel's name to collect imaginary debt????
Nimble are yes, but that's what these guys are doing lately. Spoofing links so they look familiar but are actually not. Nimble.co.za is legit, but Nmble.co does not seem so legit. There are 2 or 3 scams going around for Vuma at the moment so its always better just to check. Phoning Nimble themselves might be a good idea as well.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
https://stuff.co.za/got-vumatel-in-your-hood-look-out-for-this-scammer/

Vumatel has sent all ISPs an alert regarding scams going on.

Please always contact you ISP or Vumatel directly via the numbers on their website.
https://vumatel.co.za/contact-us

I lolled at this from the article

A man going by Sipho (or Lucky) Mahlangu has been posing as a representative of both Vumatel and a slew of fake ‘Wi-Fi’ companies and separating unsuspecting people from their money in exchange for services not rendered and/or fake hardware.
Then under comments
1 Comment
  1. Sipho Mahlangu May 17, 2019, 8:52 am
    I hope he gets caught.
:ROFL::laugh::ROFL::laugh:

some people just make my day

Same thing happened with my mother. I signed her up with Accelerit in Aug 2018 for 4/1 fiber through Vumatel.
They had issues and shelved the order then reinstated it after I got a bit annoyed with them. The order on Accelerit site mentioned setup fees of R499 and my mother opted for the better router and paid R299 extra for the HAP AC LITE, BUT no Installation fees. It sent you off to the Vumatel site where you added the Promo code Accelerit in their portal and it finalized the order. In April 2019 my mom told me they got an email stating they owed Vumatel the installation costs R1725 for the fiber to their house....I was fuming. After a few emails to Vuma and Accelerit and speaking to a call center lady at Accelerit (who told me they where told to change their site to state the costs) my parents had to pay Vumatel the installation. Both parties handled the hidden costs badly. According to me they could come take their hidden costs and smile on the way out the door. Pensioners don't have all the money in the world. :-(

Nimble debt collection agency. One of the most cancerous if not the most. If you happen to fall under their radar they call you endlessly eventually even if its debt that does not exist.

I believe they even have a department at nimble that tries to recoup bad debt they bought for cents on the Rand. I have had them phone me about some weird R500 debt from 2001 at some company I never heard of and they have phoned me over the last 4 years probably from a thousand different numbers.

Luckily truecaller is blocking all of these , some days up to 10 times.

Same thing happened with my mother. I signed her up with Accelerit in Aug 2018 for 4/1 fiber through Vumatel.
They had issues and shelved the order then reinstated it after I got a bit annoyed with them. The order on Accelerit site mentioned setup fees of R499 and my mother opted for the better router and paid R299 extra for the HAP AC LITE, BUT no Installation fees. It sent you off to the Vumatel site where you added the Promo code Accelerit in their portal and it finalized the order. In April 2019 my mom told me they got an email stating they owed Vumatel the installation costs R1725 for the fiber to their house....I was fuming. After a few emails to Vuma and Accelerit and speaking to a call center lady at Accelerit (who told me they where told to change their site to state the costs) my parents had to pay Vumatel the installation. Both parties handled the hidden costs badly. According to me they could come take their hidden costs and smile on the way out the door. Pensioners don't have all the money in the world. :-(
Did your mother ever sign the application informing them of installation fee?

If she never signed that there is no way they could charge her for the installation fee.

When I got my fibre installed the outsourced IT company did not ask me to sign any form as part of my free installation and I have never had to pay any installation fee nor will I pay if they suddenly try and charge me.