Does IQ affect ones acceptance of science?

Moto Guzzi

This is an tipical "Abstract Defence Mechanism" and if they succeeded they can publish anything and it would not be querried or questioned(Inner self recognise/selfdoubt type of a control), they hope. IQ tests are quick and probably not set up by the utter most intelligent people on the planet to begin with. You must learn to recognise abstract defence mechanisms to get through the modern day drivel.

They are in any case screwed because now with the digital age there is for every scientists an evenly opposed one.

They should rather publish science that will be good and effective and benificial and sustainable that way the science is solid all by itself, simple, good science will speak for itself and not questioned to any significant extend.

saor

Honorary Master
It does, however, affect ones acceptance of religion.
Or maybe its just that religion is accepted by people regardless of their IQ. IQ-45 Chad isn't more prone to religious inklings than than IQ 95 Tammy. And if you're like most people who have a normal, average IQ, then you're also like most people who are religious. People who love God are like you @beans100 .

We are like you, and I invite you now to offer your soul to God. You, the conscious living person @beans100 - direct the locus of your love toward God, surrender yourself to His cause. Declare your desire to be subservient to the creator; to offer up your own being and flourishing beliefs in acceptance of God. Follow not your heart, but follow your mind.

For that is where this idea flourishes...
within your mind and shksghk!
Aaaah, α & Ω.
Amen.

beans100

Honorary Master
Or maybe its just that religion is accepted by people regardless of their IQ. IQ-45 Chad isn't more prone to religious inklings than than IQ 95 Tammy. And if you're like most people who have a normal, average IQ, then you're also like most people who are religious. People who love God are like you @beans100 .

We are like you, and I invite you now to offer your soul to God. You, the conscious living person @beans100 - direct the locus of your love toward God, surrender yourself to His cause. Declare your desire to be subservient to the creator; to offer up your own being and flourishing beliefs in acceptance of God. Follow not your heart, but follow your mind.

Aaaah, α & Ω.
Amen.
Wat?

Prawnapple

Expert Member

Aaaah, α & Ω.
Amen.
Define, "god" :ROFL:

Sounds like a Tim and Eric, great job skit.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member

Aaaah, α & Ω.
Amen.
Lol was this a joke or one of those "the holy spirit said I should type this now and it will work" type posts?

jack_spratt

Expert Member
Huh? What's going on here?
Well, there are apparently three bands of IQ.

The 100 and below dont accept, for example, Evolution, because they dont understand it.

But then the 130 and above group also dont accept Evolution, because they also dont understand it.

But the mid range, above 100 and below 130 accept Evolution because they do understand it.

It's a conundrum of sorts.

Splinter

Honorary Master
This is an tipical "Abstract Defence Mechanism" and if they succeeded they can publish anything and it would not be querried or questioned(Inner self recognise/selfdoubt type of a control), they hope. IQ tests are quick and probably not set up by the utter most intelligent people on the planet to begin with. You must learn to recognise abstract defence mechanisms to get through the modern day drivel.

They are in any case screwed because now with the digital age there is for every scientists an evenly opposed one.

They should rather publish science that will be good and effective and benificial and sustainable that way the science is solid all by itself, simple, good science will speak for itself and not questioned to any significant extend.
I've just highlighted a few grammatical flaws above...

Splinter

Honorary Master
Well, there are apparently three bands of IQ.

The 100 and below dont accept, for example, Evolution, because they dont understand it.

But then the 130 and above group also dont accept Evolution, because they also dont understand it.

But the mid range, above 100 and below 130 accept Evolution because they do understand it.

It's a conundrum of sorts.
Says who? Complete cwap as far as I am concerned.

Puk

Yes, to a degree. If you're utterly mentally incapacitated, you will maybe be the happiest person on earth but you won't understand scientific dogma. If you're of average intelligence, you may develop an interest in a scientific discipline or you may not. Even if you don't accept science because you still have unanswered questions - that makes your thoughts scientific in nature. Only people who never ask "why" will never be capable of accepting science.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Which would you rather

Above average IQ and miserable?

Below and deliriously happy?

OCP

Expert Member
Which would you rather

Above average IQ and miserable?

Below and deliriously happy?
My dachshund is the happiest creature I know - have thought once or twice that swopping places with him would not be a bad thing ;-)