Does IQ affect ones acceptance of science?

Bobbin

Executive Member
It's not what I call science.
It's about what Science is.
How, for the life of me, can you not see/understand/grasp that, huh?
Just to clarify, you agree that investigating ToE is a scientific endeavor. Just that accepting it as fact, not theory, is technically unscientific?

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
You are not making any sense.
In other words the very thing you are accusing people of scientism, quackery or Pseudoscience is the thing you think is true.

I won't be taking anything you say is Scientism seriously because you clearly cant tell the difference between Science and Scientism.

Ponderer

Expert Member
In other words the very thing you are accusing people of scientism, quackery or Pseudoscience is the thing you think is true.

I won't be taking anything you say is Scientism seriously because you clearly cant tell the difference between Science and Scientism.
Your reasoning is irrational.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
To reason with a zealot is a waste of time.
Your irrational reasoning makes it impossible to discuss the topic with you using reason/logic.
Right so you have just been caught out in the web of lies you believe and instead of trying to justify what you believe you are trying to attack my character by saying I am unreasonable, illogical and a Zealot.

Can you stop with the Ad hominem and keep on track.

Are you prehaps in defensive mode because its another crack in your beliefs and if you aren't going to converse with me in anything other then name calling I'm out.

Pox

Expert Member

It's simple.

If Ponderer agrees with it - science.
If Ponderer doesn't agree with it or doesn't understand it - scientism.

Ponderer

Expert Member
Right so you have just been caught out in the web of lies you believe ...
Where have I been "caught out", huh?
You are the one that believes in "scientism" - that "scientism" is Science.
Not me.

... and instead of trying to justify what you believe ...
I am not trying to justify anything.
I am merely pointing out a fact - the fact being that not everything that is claimed to be Science is in fact Science.
That dismissing BS (fake science) is quite different from accepting Science - that "scientism" (BS science) is not Science.

... you are trying to attack my character by saying I am unreasonable, illogical and a Zealot.
I am not attacking your character.
I am "attacking" your arguments/reasoning so as to try and force you to think.

Can you stop with the Ad hominem and keep on track.
Can you please stop reasoning like a zealot.
Can you please discuss the topic using rational reasoning/logic.

Are you perhaps in defensive because its another crack in your beliefs ...
No - not at all.
Can you say the same?

... if you aren't going to converse with me in anything other then name calling I'm out.
Don't forget to lodge a complaint with the Mod's.

rambo919

Executive Member
This is what confirms your status as a troll.
How so, the extemely unscary turtle has rarely had a moment where his logic has not been irrational..... not necesarily a zealot though seems to be just a garden variety troll proved by it's insistence to avoid being civil to anyone that disagrees with it.

rambo919

Executive Member
To reason with a zealot is a waste of time.
Your irrational reasoning makes it impossible to discuss the topic with you using reason/logic.
To be fair the jury is still out on whether or not this individual is actually a zealot and not just a troll....... breathe man breathe.... he has made up his mind to not only never agree with you but to keep attemtpting to make you loose your temper.... ur just feeding the troll at this point.

Splinter

Honorary Master
How so, the extemely unscary turtle has rarely had a moment where his logic has not been irrational..... not necesarily a zealot though seems to be just a garden variety troll proved by it's insistence to avoid being civil to anyone that disagrees with it.
You are referring to ponderer here, I take it?

rambo919

Executive Member
It's simple.

If Ponderer agrees with it - science.
If Ponderer doesn't agree with it or doesn't understand it - scientism.
Funny how the exact same thing can be said for most people on this forum on all sides of any topic.....

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Where have I been "caught out", huh?
You are the one that believes in "scientism" - that "scientism" is Science.
Not me.

I am not trying to justify anything.
I am merely pointing out a fact - the fact being that not everything that is claimed to be Science is in fact Science.
That dismissing BS (fake science) is quite different from accepting Science - that "scientism" (BS science) is not Science.
Hydrological sorting is scientism/Pseudo science you call it science. Everything else you said is exactly right not everything is science but its not me making this stuff up its your side.

I am not attacking your character.
I am "attacking" your arguments/reasoning so as to try and force you to think.

Can you please stop reasoning like a zealot.
Can you please discuss the topic using rational reasoning/logic.
I actually laughed out loud reading this but once again you are back on attack and back to Ad Hominem.

No - not at all.
Can you say the same?

Don't forget to lodge a complaint with the Mod's.
I have no beliefs in this topic to crack and then a back handed Ad Hominem.

I'm done talking to you, I cant do anymore fallacious arguments but here's a list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies please try when conversing with someone not revolve everything you say around them.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Try talking straight to me instead of trying to get a response like a chihuahua behind a gate.

I have been purposely ignoring you so you will show your true colours and will be continuing to do so.