• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Latest One-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.

Does South Africa have the most toxic race-relations in the World?

SaoirseB

Expert Member
No, you said R60 salary.... societal norm is to quote amounts paid in monthly figures, especially when saying salary... per day would be an exception.

You have been schooled on your revisionist bullshit again... btw, when are you going to answer valid questions that have been posed to you in this thread?
I happen to have read an article at some point that said they were paid around R60 per day in 2012. I simply neglected to mention the per day. Obviously no one can be paid R60pm in this day and age, but YaY for you, let's give you a round of applause for catching me out in a lie.

Dave

Honorary Master
I happen to have read an article at some point that said they were paid around R60 per day in 2012. I simply neglected to mention the per day.

Probably because you’re trolling.

Will you answer the question I asked you?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I happen to have read an article at some point that said they were paid around R60 per day in 2012. I simply neglected to mention the per day. Obviously no one can be paid R60pm in this day and age, but YaY for you, let's give you a round of applause for catching me out in a lie.
You stated salary...and the societal norm on that front in this country is a per month figure... stop trying to back peddle now that you have been called on your bullshit.

rietrot

Executive Member
Ok let's examine that presumption. You have R3k disposable income, what university do you think you can send your child to for R3k? What is your child supposed to eat and where must they sleep while attending varsity for R3k?
Why should the child go to varsity? What's wrong with high school then working and paying for yourself to study part time like mostvof the privilege people do?

Knyro

Honorary Master
Why should the child go to varsity? What's wrong with high school then working and paying for yourself to study part time like mostvof the privilege people do?
Lol no they don't, hence privilege. I don't know anybody who got a job to pay to study part time after high school.

Good luck getting a job with just a matric in this day and age.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Lol no they don't. I don't know anybody who got a job to pay to study part time after high school.

Actually they do...

I worked as a waiter and bartender whilst I was studying at university, and then took out a student loan which i had to pay back after I started working full time... EVERY single one of my friends did the same...

Knyro

Honorary Master
Actually they do...

I worked as a waiter and bartender whilst I was studying at university, and then took out a student loan which i had to pay back after I started working full time... EVERY single one of my friends did the same...
10-to-1 the vast majority of your day-to-day costs were covered by your parents. No way a modern waiter is paying for accommodation, transport, and varsity fees on those laughable salaries. If your parents are poor you're got some serious uphill in your future.

I don't know how old you guys are but it is most certainly not the norm these days.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
10-to-1 the vast majority of your day-to-day costs were covered by your parents. No way a modern waiter is paying for accommodation, transport, and varsity fees on those laughable salaries.

I don't know how old you guys are but it is most certainly not the norm these days.
Barring accommodation and dinner.. My wages covered lunch and drinking and were enough for the bank to grant me the student loan...

I walked into my first day at work more than r100k in debt...

Knyro

Honorary Master
Barring accommodation and dinner.. My wages covered lunch and drinking and were enough for the bank to grant me the student loan...

I walked into my first day at work more than r100k in debt...
See there you go. The very fact that your parents could cover accommodation and a meal a day puts you in a different league already.

yebocan

Executive Member
No, we don't.
Media and politicians like to generate the impression that we do, it's good for sales and good for votes.

People in the ground are in the main good people who just want to get along and get in on life
+1...no are race relations is not the worst in the world...it is a process to deal with our issues, that is often a case of two steps forward, three steps back. least we engage on the issue and not try to sweep it under the carpet. We are not where we suppose to be, but we are on our way....and you are right, we have way more good people out there, that just want **** to work, live in peace with their neighbours...and get on with life.

yebocan

Executive Member
because all things being equal : our society was engineered, not to be equal. that legacy is still prevalent...and we see things from our vantage point, and seldom allow ourselves to see things from the other side. so when people do not do , what we see as a natural solution to a problem, we criticize from our perspective...not realizing that the things that we take for granted, readily available transport(private and public) parental support(financial/emotional) /good schooling we received/...others have not had/don't have these support structures.

rietrot

Executive Member
Lol no they don't, hence privilege. I don't know anybody who got a job to pay to study part time after high school.

Me and all my friends except 1 all got jobs and studies part time. People are supposed to start working after matric. All you are doing with the BS idea that everyone must go to varsity is pushing the age people start working up and making matric worthless. Soon some shîtty Bcom will just be the new matric.
And it won't stop there... It will just continue.

Knyro

Honorary Master
Me and all my friends except 1 all got jobs and studies part time. People are supposed to start working after matric. All you are doing with the BS idea that everyone must go to varsity is pushing the age people start working up and making matric worthless. Soon some shîtty Bcom will just be the new matric.
And it won't stop there... It will just continue.
That's the free market for ya.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
See there you go. The very fact that your parents could cover accommodation and a meal a day puts you in a different league already.
Of course... But it wasn't a free ride for me... Not by a long shot...

Nsfas gives accommodation allowances and food allowances don't they?

Knyro

Honorary Master
It's not the free market sending everybody to varsity on government grants.
The free market is employers demanding degrees from everybody for jobs that don't need them. Then everybody has go to university, which creates a glut of degreed applicants, which means employers can demand degrees for jobs that don't need them, then everybody has do go to uni-

You get the picture. It's a vicious cycle.

Of course... But it wasn't a free ride for me... Not by a long shot...

Nsfas gives accommodation allowances and food allowances don't they?
They have limits, low ones at that. Only your fees are guaranteed to be covered in full AFAIK.

rietrot

Executive Member
The free market is employers demanding degrees from everybody for jobs that don't need them. Then everybody has go to university, which creates a glut of degreed applicants, which means employers can demand degrees for jobs that don't need them, then everybody has do go to uni-

You get the picture. It's a vicious cycle.
Yes it is. You just have supply and demand backwards.