Does the end of Google's free G Suite affect you?

Does the end of Google's free G Suite affect you?

• Yes

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 143 80.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Looney

Executive Member
Yes. Have a personal domain that I have email for my fam. Ffs. Now what.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Yes. Have a personal domain that I have email for my fam. Ffs. Now what.
I've got four I need to relocate and one that might be eligible for nonprofit status.

Cius

Executive Member
Honestly not sure. Did not know what this included. Does that mean to use gmail and calendar you will now need to pay or something?

Drifter

Honorary Master
Say what, they killing off Gmail? They cant do that. Millions of people impacted.

**edit: NM

This change won’t affect individual users with free Google accounts, which provide access to apps like Gmail, Docs, and Sheets without a paid-for subscription fee.

dadecoza

Expert Member
I only use G Suite for email on my personal domain. I also have cheap hosting with 1-Grid (I think I got it when it was still Serve, and then Webafrica and now 1-Grid) so will probably move my email there.

Strange

Bait and switch. Expect more of that from big tech in the future.
I am affected by this, but it is hardly a bait and switch. I signed up in 2006 so I got 16 years for free.

I will most likely trim the excess email accounts and pay for it. I don't really want to deal with a random email provider (except maybe ProtonMail).

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I am affected by this, but it is hardly a bait and switch. I signed up in 2006 so I got 16 years for free.

I will most likely trim the excess email accounts and pay for it. I don't really want to deal with a random email provider (except maybe ProtonMail).
Same here though I haven't looked into the pricing yet.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
$6 per user per month... I can deal with that. Worth it for the storage and the excellent spam filters