Doesn't want to die young, but...

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
"I don't wanna die young".

But wants to see/be with God.

Was listening to the radio when I heard a young lady say this. But isn't it every "Christian's" ambition to die and be in the glory of the Lord?

Doesn't compute...

I'm just holding off death until after Berserk, One Piece and A Dream of Spring are finished. Then I'm off to the grand line in the sky.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The concept has never quite made sense to me.

If you consciousness is going onward to the afterlife then you have to consider that as we get older that consciousness generally deteriorates so one of two things is going to happen.

1. You end up in the afterlife with your consciousness being exactly what it was when you died, which if you were of an old age means probably quite slow and a little broken and confused.

2. There is some magical reset that happens where you consciousness gets rewinded to it's best quality through your life time...in which case how is that determined and does everything that came after just get wiped out?

The above concepts make as little sense in their randomness as the idea of the afterlife itself.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I blame bad parenting and uneducated priest/dominies/preachers or whatever you want to call them.

Life is special and a gift from God, if you end it prematurely you might just not end up with Him.