"Don’t fly SAA" - Vestact CEO

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Assuming everyone actually buys saa flights without raising prices and all planes are maxed capacity, do they even make a profit per plane?

FlashSA

Executive Member
I've been trying to find a better way of supporting the death of SAA rather than "Not flying SAA"...

Found 1. Our business has several hundred thousand voyager miles to burn up and each return trip to JHB is only R276 in taxes. Each seat I use on SAA via Voyager miles will definitely make them incur a loss. Winning! I might even make a day trip out of 1 booking and go for lunch, then fly back.....

Related, Paul Theron is a legend and calls it like it is. He is obviously very fortunate that he doesn't have the risk of losing ANC business because he just says what he wants and I really enjoy his uploads. Extra LOL for his partners doing skits in the background while he talks

Milano

Honorary Master
Assuming everyone actually buys saa flights without raising prices and all planes are maxed capacity, do they even make a profit per plane?
Apparently not because according to myBB members in this and other threads the flights are packed full (*) yet SAA require billions and billions in bailouts to stay in the air..

(*) Differs from media reports in which those interviewed have described fairly empty flights.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
No, because annecdotaly, their load factors were good before (over 80%) which means that even with 80/100 seats filled, they still lost R5B+ a year. It must be 10 times worse now with empty flights.

zulucat

SAA must fall ... :unsure: - not literally from the sky, but you know what I mean! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Genisys

Executive Member
I didn't defend SAA anywhere. I didn't say "Fly SAA" anywhere. Lets make this simple. I simply said this thread will go full circle, which it did. I said this will end up with the usual "Close SAA" responses. I didn't defend the use of Tax money to fund SAA, or the bail outs. I didn't give my opinion on the SAA situation.

BBSA

Honorary Master
I didn't defend SAA anywhere. I didn't say "Fly SAA" anywhere. Lets make this simple. I simply said this thread will go full circle, which it did. I said this will end up with the usual "Close SAA" responses. I didn't defend the use of Tax money to fund SAA, or the bail outs. I didn't give my opinion on the SAA situation.
You still replying to this thread :rolleyes:

Swa

Honorary Master
And what is wrong with that? When BS stinks you don't sit around and discuss how pleasant it is.

Mampara

Expensive and they can go fly ministers and their families for free. Unfriendly environment and cadre employment. Who cares about SAA. They can sink like other SOE's