Don’t study university degrees which will leave you unemployed

cupcake

Expert Member
How much of your success can you contribute to your degree?

It's a culmination of my whole life experiences so my time spent studying does have some part in it. It gave me more than the expected skills like grit, determination, critical thinking and especially confidence to trust my abilities. But I most certainly could not have done it without my experience in business which is the biggest factor by far.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Society remembers the artists and musicians from history, the poets and philosophers. Not the accountants and engineers, not the programmers and actuaries. Of scientists we only remember the truly creative ones, those that thought out of the box or were entertainers. Just saying.

yeah and they are 1/1 000 000.

The rest are struggling and doing ****ty jobs to keep head above water which is the exact point that is being made here.

If you aren't bloody exceptional then don't waste your time chasing a dream that you already know won't amount to much.

McSack

Executive Member
Society remembers the artists and musicians from history, the poets and philosophers. Not the accountants and engineers, not the programmers and actuaries. Of scientists we only remember the truly creative ones, those that thought out of the box or were entertainers. Just saying.
Ah yes ... posthumous fame ... far more important than actually being able to earn a living while on this mortal coil :rolleyes:

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Ah yes ... posthumous fame ... far more important than actually being able to earn a living while on this mortal coil :rolleyes:

No, was just making a point about what people actually remember for whatever reason.
A society without musicians, artists, actors, poets, philosophers and entertainers would be a very very sad place.
These are the things that make life memorable.
Rather than forcing people to study for a ****ty job, it would be better to actually support the arts and artists while they are alive.

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Rather than forcing people to study for a ****ty job, it would be better to actually support the arts and artists while they are alive.

The vast majority of singers, painters, actors, sculptors, designers, dancers, writers, poets etc. are ****ty as hell or mediocre at best and the rest of us are under no obligation to support ****ty/mediocre art.

Last edited: