Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Doddery old coot...

[video=youtube_share;jHyQiRBTk1k]https://youtu.be/jHyQiRBTk1k[/video]

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
And yet whoever finds this crap for him is clearly trawling the internet to find these things, made by crazy bigots.
That's ignoring the way these things get reposted and spread around, if im not mistaken that meme was made months ago.

cerebus

Honorary Master
That's ignoring the way these things get reposted and spread around, if im not mistaken that meme was made months ago.
You know I don't actually think it's such a big issue that Trump retweeted a neonazi; I mean, I don't think it makes him a neonazi. Obviously someone in his cabinet has a bookmark at r/The_Donald, but whatever. It's just that terms like 'fascist' are getting thrown about casually, towards the media, when it suits a certain agenda - and in totally arbitrary ways - when the president's own behavior is highly authoritarian, and his sources are dubious at best.

S7wede

Expert Member
You know I don't actually think it's such a big issue that Trump retweeted a neonazi; I mean, I don't think it makes him a neonazi. Obviously someone in his cabinet has a bookmark at r/The_Donald, but whatever. It's just that terms like 'fascist' are getting thrown about casually, towards the media, when it suits a certain agenda - and in totally arbitrary ways - when the president's own behavior is highly authoritarian, and his sources are dubious at best.
Can you prove, without a shadow of a doubt that the person you are referring to was a "neonazi"? He said some racist things but to my understanding it was in the Imgoingtohellforthis subreddit which is for dark humor. There is no other proof that he is affiliated with any hate groups. At most he's a bit of a troll.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Can you prove, without a shadow of a doubt that the person you are referring to was a "neonazi"? He said some racist things but to my understanding it was in the Imgoingtohellforthis subreddit which is for dark humor. There is no other proof that he is affiliated with any hate groups. At most he's a bit of a troll.
Okay not a neonazi, fair enough. He didn't just say 'some racist things' though; his internet history is quite damning and it's hard to downplay just how racist he was. It's not even the first time that DJT has reposted racist memes

Garson007

Honorary Master
Okay not a neonazi, fair enough. He didn't just say 'some racist things' though; his internet history is quite damning and it's hard to downplay just how racist he was. It's not even the first time that DJT has reposted racist memes
You're pushing this guilty by association angle really /really/ hard.

It's easy to see just by looking at the people he surrounds himself with that he is the most Kosher president ever.

cerebus

Honorary Master
It's easy to see just by looking at the people he surrounds himself with that he is the most Kosher president ever.
And the people who count his money.

Im confused, whats racist about that meme?
The original image used the antisemitic Star of David. Trump's version just plastered over the star with a red circle (you can still see the edges of the original star poking out).

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
The original image used the antisemitic Star of David. Trump's version just plastered over the star with a red circle (you can still see the edges of the original star poking out).
Seems silly...

Now hes just having a go at Japan, Trump hates Asians.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Seems silly...

Now hes just having a go at Japan, Trump hates Asians.
Oh on further reading it seems like he originally did post the version with the Star of David, i.e. this one:

He deleted it and tweeted the revised version later when it was criticized. I don't understand what's so complicated about that image; it looks straightforwardly antisemitic.... it links HRC to Jewish money.

Oh and look, here's another account that Trump retweeted from, twice. And here's another.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
And yet, actual Jewish folk were actually offended at the time. So much so that the campaign back-tracked with the new photoshop...
People are offended far too easily, the fact that his campaign pandered to it does change that.

cerebus

Honorary Master
People are offended far too easily, the fact that his campaign pandered to it does change that.
So you think it isn't antisemitic to display a Star of David above a huge pile of money, with the words "most corrupt candidate ever" plastered on top? :wtf:

Garson007

Honorary Master
So you think it isn't antisemitic to display a Star of David above a huge pile of money, with the words "most corrupt candidate ever" plastered on top? :wtf:
And yet, the assertion that Trump is antisemitic is in reality ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.