Donald J. Trump: President of the USA Part II Covfefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garson007

Honorary Master
That's not what I was asking. Is the original image antisemitic?
You're asking me to interpret the intentions of the creator. I don't see what the point is? The first thing I saw when I saw that was that Hillary is corrupt.

konfab

Honorary Master
I'll give you that, but you'd have to admit he does himself no favors reposting memes from alt-right boards.
You sure about that?

Having the weaponised autism of 4chan and 8chan on your side is not a bad idea IMO.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
So you think it isn't antisemitic to display a Star of David above a huge pile of money, with the words "most corrupt candidate ever" plastered on top? :wtf:
I think there is nothing to suggest thats the star of david anymore than Trumps circle represents the Japanese flag.

greg0205

Honorary Master
You sure about that?

Having the weaponised autism of 4chan and 8chan on your side is not a bad idea IMO.
Short term possibly, long term we'll see. His polling is stuck at around 35 or 36 points which means it's playing to his base but no one else. That base alone won't win him a second term.

Garson007

Honorary Master
Short term possibly, long term we'll see. His polling is stuck at around 35 or 36 points which means it's playing to his base but no one else. That base alone won't win him a second term.
Really depends on the competition. Within the current climate Trump would walk it. The Democrats need a candidate that appeals to rural areas.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Really depends on the competition. Within the current climate Trump would walk it. The Democrats need a candidate that appeals to rural areas.
I think the whole reason you don't find too many Dems specifically pointing to who the leader of the party is right now is indicative of the fact that they know this too.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
Just a random six-pointed star then...
Unless there is something else overtly antisemitic then yes. I mean if the OP wanted to actually be antisemitic than his effort was terrible just like the faux outrage that proceeded it.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Unless there is something else overtly antisemitic then yes. I mean if the OP wanted to actually be antisemitic than his effort was terrible just like the faux outrage that proceeded it.
We're talking about Trump's history of retweeting horrible sources. That HRC image originated from 4chan/pol/, which is... well go there and see. It's a blatantly antisemitic picture, unless you basically have no knowledge of racist imagery and you think those symbols fell by accident on the page. It's disingenuous to pretend otherwise, which is why Trump's campaign hastily removed the star and issued a non-apology. And there's no faux outrage when this kind of behavior happens so frequently that it becomes predictable.

Rubberpigg

Expert Member
His son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is an Orthodox jew and his daughter , Ivanka Trump, converted to Judaism more than ten years ago.
Of course, Trump must be anti-semetic.

cerebus

Honorary Master
His son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is an Orthodox jew and his daughter , Ivanka Trump, converted to Judaism more than ten years ago.
Of course, Trump must be anti-semetic.
Not sure how that's relevant to my points. The original image is antisemitic, it simply is. You can prevaricate and bull**** around it and pretend that it's a sheriff badge or something, but come on... It doesn't mean that Trump is a rabid antisemite himself, but it does mean that he's using some very dodgy sources to get his inspirations, which is exactly the case with this CNN meme.

Greylor

Expert Member
His base didn't win him his first term. The Democrats won it for him, and don't appear to have figured out how or why.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.