Donald J. Trump: President of the USA Part II Covfefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

S7wede

Expert Member
They didn't slow it down, they sped it up and cut frames to make it look as though he chopped her arm; then slowed it down to emphasize the action.

This comparison makes it clear how they manipulated it:

It's subtle but I will give it to you. I still think Acosta was in the wrong and deserved to have his press pass confiscated. I do not think however the republicans have a case of assault, but that is for a judge to decide.

cerebus

Honorary Master
And replied facts don't care about your feelings. He sat there, politely having a discussion. That same transgender person held him by the neck and threatened him with violence.
What he said was incredibly insulting and then he had the gall to sit back smugly and tell her that he was just being factual. Whatever else it was, it was not polite.

You really don't want to go down the road of who is more polite in these debates.
I'm not interested in doing that. Just pointing out that the line between anti-political correctness and plain rudeness is extremely porous and probably nonexistent.

Temujin

Executive Member
What he said was incredibly insulting and then he had the gall to sit back smugly and tell her that he was just being factual. Whatever else it was, it was not polite.

I'm not interested in doing that. Just pointing out that the line between anti-political correctness and plain rudeness is extremely porous and probably nonexistent.
Facts are incredibly insulting... shame:crying:... reality is, none has to by into your delusions, no one has to play along. If you see me not playing along with your bs as 'incredibly insulting', tough ****, run to your safespace and cry me a river... 'polite'... you mean pander:thumbsup:

cerebus

Honorary Master
Facts are incredibly insulting... shame:crying:... reality is, none has to by into your delusions, no one has to play along. If you see me not playing along with your bs as 'incredibly insulting', tough ****, run to your safespace and cry me a river... 'polite'... you mean pander:thumbsup:
politeness
/pəˈlʌɪtnəs/
noun
noun: politeness; plural noun: politenesses
  1. behaviour that is respectful and considerate of other people.

To tell someone directly that you refuse to address them as they want to be addressed because they are delusional is impolite. Fine if you don't want to go along with it because you think you're some kind of reality enforcing delusion puncturing maverick but don't pretend you care about politeness. I'm not sure why I need to explain this; it feels like all you hard right wingers have a basic deficiency when it comes to this.

Temujin

Executive Member
:crying:
politeness
/pəˈlʌɪtnəs/
noun

To tell someone directly that you refuse to address them as they want to be addressed because they are delusional is impolite. Fine if you don't want to go along with it because you think you're some kind of reality enforcing delusion puncturing maverick but don't pretend you care about politeness. I'm not sure why I need to explain this; it feels like all you hard right wingers have a basic deficiency when it comes to this.

konfab

Honorary Master
To tell someone directly that you refuse to address them as they want to be addressed because they are delusional is impolite.
So would you consider it impolite for a black person in this country to not address a white person who wants the black person to call them baas?

The goal of politeness is to make everyone feel at ease when communicating. In the instance with trans-gingers, I would probably avoid pronouns altogether.

S7wede

Expert Member
politeness
/pəˈlʌɪtnəs/
noun

So under your ruleset somebody who believes they are Elvis should be treated like the king of rock and roll? I'm sorry but no.

cerebus

Honorary Master
So under your ruleset somebody who believes they are Elvis should be treated like the king of rock and roll? I'm sorry but no.
Social interaction isn't a ruleset. See what I mean about basic deficiencies?

cerebus

Honorary Master
Social interaction becomes a ruleset when laws are created to police this interaction because of any assumed offence.
Maybe you do need a ruleset because apparently you can't tell the interactional difference between calling a transgender person by their preferred pronoun and pandering to a manic schizophrenic.

S7wede

Expert Member
Maybe you do need a ruleset because apparently you can't tell the interactional difference between calling a transgender person by their preferred pronoun and pandering to a manic schizophrenic.
I see both as forms of a type of Dysphoria to be perfectly honest. Now I'm not denying either their humanity but to pander to a mental illness is very dangerous in my opinion. How many genders are we currently at? When will objects be included?

cerebus

Honorary Master
I see both as forms of a type of Dysphoria to be perfectly honest. Now I'm not deying either their humanity but to pander to a mental illness is very dangerous in my opinion. How many genders are we currently at? When will objects be included?
Thing is, even if you think a trans person is dysphoric, it's going to make for some pretty uncomfortable dinner conversations when you call them 'sir'. That's what politeness is; a social lubricant. And you being publicly intransigent on their gender preferences is going to cause animosity.

BTW there's a pretty good discussion between Blair White and Shapiro on this:

Temujin

Executive Member
That's what politeness is; a social lubricant. And you being publicly intransigent on their gender preferences is going to cause animosity.
I was taught not to lie. My god says I will go to hell if I lie. Referring to people by their preferred pronoun is dishonesty and its incredibly insulting that you want me to lie under the guise of 'politeness'... you offend me deeply... now what?

S7wede

Expert Member
Thing is, even if you think a trans person is dysphoric, it's going to make for some pretty uncomfortable dinner conversations when you call them 'sir'. That's what politeness is; a social lubricant. And you being publicly intransigent on their gender preferences is going to cause animosity.

I have watched that already thank you, and I agree on the whole social lubricant part. What I don't agree with is the correlation between the spoken word and actions. The left seems to not understand that words and actions are different things. being uncivil, like calling a transgender woman "sir" is not an attack. It's incivility. I would prefer the world to be more civil, but when we aren't playing by the same rules that is impossible.

Techne

Honorary Master

Ugh please no, not another screeching winey video from Benny Schtupples. A face for radio, a voice for cats and a brain for retards.

cerebus

Honorary Master
I have watched that already thank you, and I agree on the whole social lubricant part. What I don't agree with is the correlation between the spoken word and actions. The left seems to not understand that words and actions are different things. being uncivil, like calling a transgender woman "sir" is not an attack. It's incivility. I would prefer the world to be more civil, but when we aren't playing by the same rules that is impossible.
What's the difference between incivility and impoliteness? In terms of the social and emotional outcome they're indistinguishable.

A trans person hasn't confronted you by being trans; they are what they are for personal reasons that are probably highly sensitive and core to their sense of identity. But when you sit down with them you're so consumed by this idea of not playing by the rules of the left that you make a conscious stance against them, and how else should they take it but as a personal attack?

Thing is, English doesn't have multiple or ambivalent gender pronouns as some other languages do. It's a hardcoded binary lingual designation that people are forced into.

Moosedrool

Expert Member
Even that Jordan Peterson dude said that he'll politely call people what they want to be called. But it's under his discretion. The whole point of Shapiro being provocative is to point out the responsive behaviour. It's deliberate and I'll do exactly the same since that is what the whole discussion was about in the first place.

I'll call you what I want to call you. I want to be a nice person so I'll respect people and call them whatever they want but if you want me to continue being cool don't:

Expect me to guess your gender.
Say your biological sex is something that it isn't.
Enforce me to use the correct pronouns either by some crap law SJW's are trying to push for or just by being a ******** and reacting like that.

Respect is mutual. SJW's fail at seeing this and will continue to fail if they don't stop being so goddamn selfish.

S7wede

Expert Member
What's the difference between incivility and impoliteness? In terms of the social and emotional outcome they're indistinguishable.

A trans person hasn't confronted you by being trans; they are what they are for personal reasons that are probably highly sensitive and core to their sense of identity. But when you sit down with them you're so consumed by this idea of not playing by the rules of the left that you make a conscious stance against them, and how else should they take it but as a personal attack?

Thing is, English doesn't have multiple or ambivalent gender pronouns as some other languages do. It's a hardcoded binary lingual designation that people are forced into.
To be incivil shows intent. You can be impolite by accident. I don't think anybody has a problem with being polite, but when the terms are not properly agreed upon beforehand you have 1 side dictating to the other side what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. We, as a society haven't given anybody this right because we know, fundamentally it's a slippery slope. Unfortunately in this regard you will have to live by the tyranny of the majority. Men are men and woman are woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.