Donald J. Trump: President of the USA Part II Covfefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Soooooooooo... Michael Cohen will be testifying before House Oversight on February 7th... In public.

<disgonbgud>
Not sure how significant that is, tbh. If he's still cooperating with Mueller or SDNY, or some of the stuff he's already cooperated on are still under court seal because it's ongoing, it won't be in that hearing.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Not sure how significant that is, tbh. If he's still cooperating with Mueller or SDNY, or some of the stuff he's already cooperated on are still under court seal because it's ongoing, it won't be in that hearing.
Elija Cummings' committee in support of Dems HR1 anti-corruption bill. The bill covers campaign finance reform, strengthening ethics laws and expanding voting rights.

Dems will go in on the payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal and, I'm guessing Mikey's Trump Tower Moscow shenanigans during the campaign.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

greg0205

Honorary Master
Popcorn time!

“He cleared it.” - Elija Cummings when asked if Mueller had cleared Cohen to testify on the 7th.

... and then, Michael Cohen retweeted David Corn

David Corn‏
Following @DavidCornDC

.@RepCummings announces @MichaelCohen212 will publicly testify on 2/7. Much to ask him beyond hush-money payments/campaign finance crime. Cohen can discuss Trump dealings in Russia & reaching out to Putin's office. And so much more. Buckle up.

10:29 PM - 10 Jan 2019

https://twitter.com/MichaelCohen212

greg0205

Honorary Master
Should be instersting to hear him tell the truth, which is what we should expect according to Dump's new lawyer, Rudy Giuliani called Michael Cohen an 'honest, honorable lawyer'.
No reason not to. He's already going to jail and there's no play for a pardon. He's not a government employee so he's not constrained by any WH classification issues. His conviction and sentence means he'll be disbarred so no reason to stick to any attorney client privilege... Also, Mikey keeps saying he wants to make things right. He'll now have a chance to start doing that with all news networks ever broadcasting every word he says

The GOP members on Oversight are going to try to paint him as a liar, but I think, all in all, this will be a very bad day for tre45on... Hearing Mikey talk about tRump in his own word is going to be very different to reading the odd NYT article or watching Maddow or Cooper talking about it for a lot of folk who don't bury their heads in the news like we here do.

cerebus

Honorary Master
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...mp-team-contact-russian-officials/2530829002/

CAP, a liberal think tank, used publicly available court documents and reporting to tally up the number of contacts with Russian-linked officials, which includes those with close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin and others tied to Russian intelligence, banks and politicians.

The organizations counted each meeting and message as a separate contact.

The number of contacts was raised to 101 this week, according to CAP, after it was reported that Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Rick Gates, a former campaign aide, shared polling data with Manafort's former Russian business partner Konstantin Kilimnik.

Emjay

Executive Member
You can't possibly be ignorant of Obama's many attempts to get some traction on addressing climate change, which were always blocked by Republicans. It's very disingenuous to complain that the GND is so radical and why couldn't they just scale it back a bit in that context. We've had years and years of attempts at less radical things!

I mean, I get the humour, but in the context of Republicans in the Senate blocking Obama's request of $1bn to tackle the Zika virus, and $2bn for the opioid epidemic, as 'wasteful spending'...?

Plus, the GND is an attempt at addressing an actual global crisis, not an attempt to fund a vanity project for an imaginary one.
Nice whataboutisims there. But, I do agree blocking those funding requests was a dick move. The drug crisis (not only opioids) is reaching epic proportions in the USA. It's so bad, that many places have special bins for needle disposal. But, you know, politicians will politician. They are not actually working for the people, but rather to stay in power, and the result? Ever more polarised politics, and lack of delivery.

When the Democrats take the Presidency again (which I cannot wait for, because it's going to be fun to pick apart every word, action and past of that President), it's going to be even more polarised and difficult to get anything done, because the Republicans are going to do exactly what is happening right now, but by turning up the dial even more.

I love how this is panning out. Democrats trying to block Trump's wall. The Government institutions shut down as they can't agree. Dems crying and want Trump to pay these workers because of the Shutdown caused by the Democrats. Trump refuses. Democrats are looking the fool more and more. Best of it all, Trump will still get the wall as he can just declare a State of Emergency and use Army funds to fund the wall, or at least part of it.

Democrats are getting schooled HARD :D

cerebus

Honorary Master
I love how this is panning out. Democrats trying to block Trump's wall. The Government institutions shut down as they can't agree. Dems crying and want Trump to pay these workers because of the Shutdown caused by the Democrats. Trump refuses. Democrats are looking the fool more and more. Best of it all, Trump will still get the wall as he can just declare a State of Emergency and use Army funds to fund the wall, or at least part of it.

Democrats are getting schooled HARD :D
When I say Mexico is going to pay for the wall, you think they're going to write a check for $20 billion or $5 billion or two cents?
No problemo, just declare a state of emergency when there is clearly no emergency at the border and siphon billions of dollars from the army so that you don't look like a total ******* in front of your constituents.

rietrot

Honorary Master
No problemo, just declare a state of emergency when there is clearly no emergency at the border and siphon billions of dollars from the army so that you don't look like a total ******* in front of your constituents.
You guys have been crying all year last year about ICE. How is any of that not a real emergency?

Status
Not open for further replies.