Donald J. Trump: President of the USA Part II Covfefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISP cash cow

Expert Member
If the yearly abortion rate is 1.5% and is being shown to be declining would this not mean that your average over the lifetime abortion would be about 1.5%? or do you actually have the lifetime abortion rate statistics on hand?

The irony I find though is that you posted that statistic to argue almightybenders figures (to try and prove closer to 30% figure than 1.5%) but now that you have been shown the irregularities in your own post you now claiming comparing apples to oranges :ROFL:
In year 1 percent get abortions. In year two another 1 percent, who are not the same woman as before, get abortions.

Now in year two we can say that about 2% of woman have had abortions. You and I from earlier are unfortunately incorrect on this one.

Edit: I see we are all enlightened now hehe :):cool:

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
And the FISA investigation is not beating a dead horse. If you think that the FBI should have power to spy on a presidential campaign without any substantive proof, not only are you deluded, you are part of the problem.
I asked you to please provide evidence of this, because you claimed they admitted they didn't have any. You've not done so.

And they had the chance to reform FISA, I wholly supported it, as did konfab. Trump and the majority of Republicans didn't and instead gave more power for warrantless surveillance. Few Republicans resisted - Justin Amash did - the only Republican legislator I've seen lately with any sort of spine.

People are pro-choice, I get it. If some believe that choice is more important that protecting the life an unborn child, that's ok too. Because I am not a moral arbiter, my opinion means nothing. Our morality positions have changed on many fronts such as LGBT rights, and transgender medicine, so it's only natural the boundaries will be pushed here.
I don't think anyone (reasonable) wants abortions to happen or increase. But we know what helps lower it - access to healthcare (crucially contraception), access to proper sex education, access to support services etc.

It reached its lowest point under Obama's tenure.

The sharpest drops in abortion rates in America have been under Democratic presidents

What is Trump doing? Trying to go back to abstinence only education, which does not work.

It's similar to the war on drugs in many ways.

Grant

Honorary Master
House Democratic leader proposes $5.7bn for border ‘smart wall’

The No. 3 Democrat in the US House of Representatives floated the idea of ending a partial government shutdown by giving President Donald Trump the $5.7 billion (£4.4 billion) he seeks for border security with Mexico but through various means other than a wall.

US House Majority Whip James Clyburn told reporters that Democrats could fulfil Trump’s request for border security with a “smart wall” that includes drones, X-rays, sensors and more border patrol agents.

But Trump has demanded funding for a wall in a showdown with Democrats that has left 800,000 federal workers without pay amid a partial government shutdown that entered its 33rd day on Wednesday.

Representative Steny Hoyer, the second-ranking House Democrat, also said Democrats would be discussing “substantial sums of additional money” for border security as part of a possible deal.

Clyburn’s offer is a significant monetary increase over bills previously passed by Democrats, which included only about $1.3 billion for this year in additional border security, with none of that for a wall.

“Using the figure the president put on the table, if his $5.7 billion is about border security then we see ourselves fulfilling that request, only doing it with what I like to call using a smart wall,” Clyburn said.
https://ewn.co.za/2019/01/23/house-democratic-leader-proposes-usd5-7bn-for-border-smart-wall

I asked you to please provide evidence of this, because you claimed they admitted they didn't have any. You've not done so.
The FBI opened an investigation to determine whether or not Trump was in the pocket of the Russians when Trump fired Comey, that's what the NYTimes. The idea of the FBI starting an investigation over Comey getting fired is ludicrous. But thinking logically if there had actually been such an investigation at the time then opening another investigation would have been superfluous. If they had a shred of evidence of Trump-Russia collusion, it's a safe bet that there would already have been an investigation into whether or not Trump was a Russian agent before Trump fired Comey.

So that means they got nothing from the Carter Page and George Papadopoulis FISA warrants, which were anyway gotten through deception and collusion with the Clinton campaign. In fact, every single thread of the Trump-Russia narrative traces straight back to Hillary's attempt to minimise the damage of the Wikileaks revelations.

Many commentators in the media observed this constellation of facts in the NYTimes and the implications behind what this reporting reveals, so it's quite strange to treat it as contentious.

And they had the chance to reform FISA, I wholly supported it, as did konfab. Trump and the majority of Republicans didn't and instead gave more power for warrantless surveillance. Few Republicans resisted - Justin Amash did - the only Republican legislator I've seen lately with any sort of spine.
Once the FBI abuse of the process to snoop on/sabotage Trump during the 2016 elections via the FISA process comes to light, you can bet that there will be meaningful reforms. You wholly support that too, cuz sunshine is the best disinfectant, right? :sneaky:

surface

Expert Member

cerebus

Honorary Master
https://www.afacwa.org/air_traffic_...etail_serious_safety_concerns_due_to_shutdown

We have a growing concern for the safety and security of our members, our airlines, and the traveling public due to the government shutdown. This is already the longest government shutdown in the history of the United States and there is no end in sight. In our risk averse industry, we cannot even calculate the level of risk currently at play, nor predict the point at which the entire system will break. It is unprecedented.

Emjay

Executive Member
Feel pain at which stage? I also find it amusing how anti abortionists always feel the need to use super emotive language.
Because it is super emotive for me. And for most people I think it would be. And as I get older, this issue hits home harder.

An elegant and classy way to exit the debate. My salutations.
The discussion from yesterday became completely circular. You are trying to debate with me without reading my posts (or were reading them with just enough superficiality to respond) and without considering any of the corroborating links I have posted. This was very disturbing, I get that. I warned people in my initial post not to go down the road if they were not prepared for it.

The classy thing was to let it go and let people use their own intelligence and critical thinking to form an opinion. You were trying very forcibly to discredit what I was saying with a bunch of very shaky reasoning. No hard feelings, dude. I am just here to present information from the other side.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Because it is super emotive for me. And for most people I think it would be. And as I get older, this issue hits home harder.
Abortion in general, or the idea that Democrats are selling fetuses for profit?

The discussion from yesterday became completely circular. You are trying to debate with me without reading my posts (or were reading them with just enough superficiality to respond) and without considering any of the corroborating links I have posted.
Thing is, I went down this route with Xarog many times. He makes a wild claim, then substantiates it by giving a vast number of dubious links and demands that you refute them. You need to realize that on the face of it, the claim that Democrats are trafficking in fetal tissue is extraordinary and demands more evidence than some shadowy interview footage stitched together by an anti-abortion organization; and the effort level of trying to verify that footage is just not worth it for anyone on here. But just for the record:

The CMP released edited videos of the discussions which made it appear as if Planned Parenthood intended to profit from fetal tissue, although the full unedited videos instead showed that Planned Parenthood requested only a fee to cover costs without any profit.[11] A grand jury in Harris County, Texas took no action against Planned Parenthood, but instead indicted Daleiden and a second CMP employee on felony charges of tampering with governmental records and attempting to purchase human organs.[12] The charges were dropped six months later, but in March 2017 Daleiden and the second CMP employee were charged with 15 felonies in California—one for each of the people whom they had filmed without consent, and one for criminal conspiracy to invade privacy.
I would consider that to be sufficiently damning evidence AGAINST the centre for medical progress, and completely disqualifies that footage.

I would consider that to be sufficiently damning evidence AGAINST the centre for medical progress, and completely disqualifies that footage.
What you are quoting is nothing more than an attempt to criminalise whistleblowers. If PP was serious about proving their innocence in the matter, they'd open their books up for investigation to show that they don't make money off of selling baby parts.

More to the point, though, is that Emjay actually quoted the appeal court ruling, presided over by several judges, that held that the video was legitimate and wasn't deceptively edited according to the forensic investigators of the Texas IG when she first brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.