Donald J. Trump: President of the USA Part III Covfefe

Emjay

Executive Member
Wait... are... are you saying Donnie needs to face justice?
Do you really think people here are saying Trump should continue sitting as President if he broke the law? See, this is why I can't tell if you are joking or are serious at times.

If there is evidence of any wrong doing he should go through due process. The biggest and only thing IMO that is a real threat for Trump and where we need to have an honest discussion are his payments to his mistresses and if campaign finance laws are applicable to this. Are those payments morally corrupt? Absofrikkinglutely. Did he break the law? Unclear.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
Lisa Page transcripts reveal details of anti-Trump ‘insurance policy,’ concerns over full-blown probe

House Judiciary Committee Republicans on Tuesday released hundreds of pages of transcripts from last year's closed-door interview with ex-FBI attorney Lisa Page, revealing new details about the bureau's controversial internal discussions regarding an “insurance policy” against then-candidate Donald Trump.

Page first entered the spotlight in December 2017, when it was revealed by the Justice Department inspector general that she and then-FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok exchanged numerous anti-Trump text messages. The two were involved in the FBI’s initial counterintelligence investigation into Russian meddling and potential collusion with Trump campaign associates during the 2016 election, and later served on Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Do you really think people here are saying Trump should continue sitting as President if he broke the law? See, this is why I can't tell if you are joking or are serious at times.

If there is evidence of any wrong doing he should go through due process. The biggest and only thing IMO that is a real threat for Trump and where we need to have an honest discussion are his payments to his mistresses and if campaign finance laws are applicable.
You mean the same case Michael Cohen needs to report to prison for on May 6th?

The one he’ll be serving three years for?

The one where Individual-1 instructed him to commit the crimes?

The campaign finance case that’s already been ruled on by a judge, and is in no way subject to your feelings about it?

That one?

Emjay

Executive Member
You mean the same case Michael Cohen needs to report to prison for on May 6th?

The one he’ll be serving three years for?

The one where Individual-1 instructed him to commit the crimes?

The campaign finance case that’s already been ruled on by a judge, and is in no way subject to your feelings about it?

That one?
Trump's criminality has to be determined in a court of law, greggypants. You remember that Cohen took a plea deal, right? And you realise that plea deal does not implicate Trump in any way legally unless Cohen has proof of Trump's guilt as it relates to campaign finance law. It is still unclear if there is campaign finance fraud as Cohen entered into a plea deal for lying.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Trump's criminality has to be determined in a court of law, greggypants. You remember that Cohen took a plea deal, right? And you realise that plea deal does not implicate Trump in any way legally unless Cohen has proof of Trump's guilt as it relates to campaign finance law. It is still unclear if there is campaign finance fraud as Cohen entered into a plea deal for lying.
THE GOVERNMENT’S SENTENCING MEMORANDUM

MICHAEL COHEN, Defendant.

Page 11...

During the campaign, Cohen played a central role in two similar schemes to purchase the rights to stories – each from women who claimed to have had an affair with Individual-1 – so as to suppress the stories and thereby prevent them from influencing the election. With respect to both payments, Cohen acted with the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election. Cohen coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. (PSR ¶ 51). In particular, and as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1. (PSR ¶¶ 41, 45). As a result of Cohen’s actions, neitherwoman spoke to the press prior to the election. (PSR ¶ 51).
What does, "in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1" mean?

Implicated in a legal way? check.

Determined by a court of law? check

Indicted? Nope. He's protected (for now) by the office of the POTUS. He's and unindicted co-conspirator.

We've danced this dance before 'tho, haven't we? Irresistible force paradox you and I are...

Emjay

Executive Member
THE GOVERNMENT’S SENTENCING MEMORANDUM

MICHAEL COHEN, Defendant.

Page 11...

What does, "in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1" mean?

Implicated in a legal way? check.

Determined by a court of law? check

Indicted? Nope. He's protected (for now) by the office of the POTUS. He's and unindicted co-conspirator.

We've danced this dance before 'tho, haven't we? Irresistible force paradox you and I are...
''

Yes, now the DOJ needs to prove that Trump knew is was illegal, that Trump instructed Cohen to lie about all this (which Cohen's recent testimony shows us that this didn't actually happen) and confirm that this is indeed a campaign finance issue as Trump paid for this out of his personal funds.

greg0205

Honorary Master
''

Yes, now the DOJ needs to prove that Trump knew is was illegal, that Trump instructed Cohen to lie about all this (which Cohen's recent testimony shows us that this didn't actually happen) and confirm that this is indeed a campaign finance issue as Trump paid for this out of his personal funds.

What's a Trust Account?

Emjay

Executive Member

What's a Trust Account?
Not campaign funds.

Greg, it has to be determined if paying off these women is indeed a campaign expenditure, and then if so, that Trump intentionally circumvented campaign finance regulations.

Last edited:

greg0205

Honorary Master
My Apple sports name game was a bust, but I'm not one to give up.

Today's game is the Katie Pavlich 'My Real Job Is..." game.

In honour of Katie Pavlich's, "The guy has owned planes his entire life, and when you own a private plane, you know about the way it functions." take... Pick anything, and make yourself at pro at it.

I'll go first.

I have pets, so I'm a veterinarian.

...or, I turned the kettle on, so I'm an electrician.

...or, I wear glasses, so I'm an ophthalmologist.

Who's next?

Cray

Honorary Master
My Apple sports name game was a bust, but I'm not one to give up.

Today's game is the Katie Pavlich 'My Real Job Is..." game.

In honour of Katie Pavlich's, "The guy has owned planes his entire life, and when you own a private plane, you know about the way it functions." take... Pick anything, and make yourself at pro at it.
?
If they guy was a pilot I would take him somewhat seriously. Hell if John Travolta had made that comment it would be worth looking at ...

Cohen's problem is that he's lied under oath many many many times in full view of the whole world. His testimony will be useless in a court of law against Trump, especially since it's the lawyer's job to handle all the legalese for his client to make sure that everything's on the up and up, and the client would not ordinarily be expected to know all the details involved.

Emjay

Executive Member
Cohen's problem is that he's lied under oath many many many times in full view of the whole world. His testimony will be useless in a court of law against Trump, especially since it's the lawyer's job to handle all the legalese for his client to make sure that everything's on the up and up, and the client would not ordinarily be expected to know all the details involved.
This is exactly why I said Cohen's testimony is a complete nothingburger. There is zero proof on the table (lulz, a cheque from Trump's trust account to someone who does work for Trump?). The testimony will reinforce current opinions of him, and will not impact him in any real meaningful way. However, there is still a chance there is some
"smocking" gun somewhere that shows us that Trump directly ordered Cohen to lie, and/or that he knowingly tried to circumvent campaign finance laws when he paid off those women. There is also an intent requirement that comes with this. So, all very confusing from a legal standpoint.

One thing for sure, the USA legal requirements around campaign financing needs a clean up and some clarification. These candidates must pay trolleys of money to help manage their finances and keep it above board. Well, most candidates anyway. Cohen is probably the last person that should have been involved from Trump's perspective. :rolleyes:

This is exactly why I said Cohen's testimony is a complete nothingburger. There is zero proof on the table (lulz, a cheque from Trump's trust account to someone who does work for Trump?). The testimony will reinforce current opinions of him, and will not impact him in any real meaningful way. However, there is still a chance there is some
"smocking" gun somewhere that shows us that Trump directly ordered Cohen to lie, and/or that he knowingly tried to circumvent campaign finance laws when he paid off those women. There is also an intent requirement that comes with this. So, all very confusing from a legal standpoint.

One thing for sure, the USA legal requirements around campaign financing needs a clean up and some clarification. These candidates must pay trolleys of money to help manage their finances and keep it above board. Well, most candidates anyway. Cohen is probably the last person that should have been involved from Trump's perspective. :rolleyes:
Nevermind the fact that presidents can't be tried while they're presidents, and Clinton survived impeachment after lying under oath about his illicit sexual activities. :sleep:

greg0205

Honorary Master
On the 6th of December 1969, there was a free concert at the Altamont Speedway in Tracy, California... Some of the bands on the bill were Santana, Jefferson Airplane, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, the Grateful Dead and the headline act was the Rolling Stones.

300 000 folk turned up, and before the day was done, four of them were dead.

The reason I know some of this is because of the Hell's Angels... well, reading quite a bit of the history of the club, and Sonny Barger in particular.

Anyway, the Altamont/Angels story goes that the Stones' manager hired the club as security, and paid them with beer. There was violence, on stage and off... The violence peaked when an Angel stabbed and killed one of the concert goers.

The reason I bring this up is that history doesn't repeat... It rhymes.

"I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad." - Donald J. Trump

You Breitbart folk will have seen that, for the rest, here's New York Magazine:

Trump Again Threatens Violence If Democrats Don’t Support Him

Anyway, I'll just let Thomas Jefferson sign off this post for me... Tom...

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."

rietrot

Honorary Master
On the 6th of December 1969, there was a free concert at the Altamont Speedway in Tracy, California... Some of the bands on the bill were Santana, Jefferson Airplane, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, the Grateful Dead and the headline act was the Rolling Stones.

300 000 folk turned up, and before the day was done, four of them were dead.

The reason I know some of this is because of the Hell's Angels... well, reading quite a bit of the history of the club, and Sonny Barger in particular.

Anyway, the Altamont/Angels story goes that the Stones' manager hired the club as security, and paid them with beer. There was violence, on stage and off... The violence peaked when an Angel stabbed and killed one of the concert goers.

The reason I bring this up is that history doesn't repeat... It rhymes.

"I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad." - Donald J. Trump

You Breitbart folk will have seen that, for the rest, here's New York Magazine:

Trump Again Threatens Violence If Democrats Don’t Support Him

Anyway, I'll just let Thomas Jefferson sign off this post for me... Tom...

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
Lol look at you quotioa slave owner.