Donald J. Trump: President of the USA Part III Covfefe

Aquila ka Hecate

Expert Member
Pfft if twitter was even remotely partisan in serving content they would have banned Trump a long time ago. And should have, IMO.

Twitter is extremely partisan.

You can call a woman a c*nt, b*itch, call for her to die in a fire and/or cheer on people issuing death and rape threats...but just you refer to a man in womanface as "a man" and you will be permanently banned.

Reactions: smi

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member
Oh, I get that he's volunteered as tribute for Donnie to see if they can make any headway in muzzling media they can't control with lawsuits... But, please refer to my first sentence where I said "profoundly stupid".

This case has no chance of success. What is guaranteed 'tho, is the total, utter, complete, thorough, absolute and unmitigated beclowning of one Devin Gerald Nunes... by Devin Gerald Nunes.
It doesn't need to succeed, the information regarding what Twitter is doing just has to become a matter of court record. The court is simply the means of getting that information exposed to the public to a legal certainty without attracting complaints of legal/DOJ authoritarianism. But keep believing Nunes is too stupid to be looking at the long game if that makes you feel better, I guess. I do enjoy watching people make fools of themselves after I pointed out the one thing that would pre-empt such foolishness if only they paid heed to my words. :sneaky:

greg0205

Honorary Master
It doesn't need to succeed, the information regarding what Twitter is doing just has to become a matter of court record. The court is simply the means of getting that information exposed to the public to a legal certainty without attracting complaints of legal/DOJ authoritarianism. But keep believing Nunes is too stupid to be looking at the long game if that makes you feel better, I guess. I do enjoy watching people make fools of themselves after I pointed out the one thing that would pre-empt such foolishness if only they paid heed to my words. :sneaky:

Emjay

Executive Member
Twitter is extremely partisan.

You can call a woman a c*nt, b*itch, call for her to die in a fire and/or cheer on people issuing death and rape threats...but just you refer to a man in womanface as "a man" and you will be permanently banned.
I wouldn't say Twitter is partisan. They definitely push certain ideological ideas. You should go watch the Joe Rogan, Jack and Tim Pool discussion to get some insight into the whole issue.

Techne

Honorary Master
NEW PRO-ISRAEL GROUP TO TACKLE ‘CHALLENGES’ TO US-ISRAEL RELATIONSHIP

The organization formally launched on Tuesday and announced its endorsement of 27 candidates for races for 2020 Congressional races.
A new Israel political advocacy organization called Pro-Israel America has been launched in the US to help voters identify pro-Israel Congressional candidates to vote for and donate to their political campaigns.

The organization formally launched on Tuesday and announced its endorsement of 27 candidates for races for 2020 Congressional races, including 13 Republicans and 14 Democrats who have been strong advocates for the US-Israel alliance.

Speaking to The Jerusalem Post, Executive Director of Pro-Israel America Jeff Mendelsohn said that there were “growing challenges” to the US-Israel relationship and that there is a need to get more pro-Israel members of the public involved in efforts to bolster it.
I suppose this means it is ok if other countries also identify members that are say... pro-Russia or pro-China or pro-Iran and then manipulate the system like the Israelis.

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member
I just mean that you can see the wheels of the American justice system being turned to take on these social media giants as part of a concerted effort. I think it's going to be especially much fun watching the blue checkmarks as they lose their sanitary padding.

That said, I wish Meghan Murphy the best. And James Damore also deserves a fair shake at these bastards for what they did to him.

Emjay

Executive Member
I just mean that you can see the wheels of the American justice system being turned to take on these social media giants as part of a concerted effort. I think it's going to be especially much fun watching the blue checkmarks as they lose their sanitary padding.

That said, I wish Meghan Murphy the best. And James Damore also deserves a fair shake at these bastards for what they did to him.
YouTube is not all that bad. There is a bias to suggest ideologically left based content, but I think they probably have more right going than other platforms. Twitter is quite ideologically biased, and Facebook is just Facebook. It is going to become irrelevant as it is a platform for old people. What is concerning is that we have these platforms colluding with payment processors to ban people outright, or when we see coordinated bans. That's pretty disturbing. I still think distributed platforms are the way to go.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Well, I'm not sure what to make of this...

Q promised arrests yesterday, and yet all the folk I was sure would be in Gitmo by now are on the morning shows and tweeting.

I just don't get it. Q promised.

greg0205

Honorary Master
The update for Wikipedia's Streisand effect page needs and update...

In March 2019, California Representative Devin Nunes filed a defamation lawsuit against Twitter and three users for US$250 million in damages. One user named in the lawsuit, the parody account @DevinCow, had 1,204 followers before the lawsuit. It jumped to over 282,000 followers by the following day.[22][23][24]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

359,9K followers now...

IMG_0216.png

cerebus

Honorary Master
Well, I'm not sure what to make of this...

Q promised arrests yesterday, and yet all the folk I was sure would be in Gitmo by now are on the morning shows and tweeting.

I just don't get it. Q promised.
Might I remind you that Trump himself retweeted a Q theorist today, via the very not-crazy Larry the Cable Guy?

We should definitely not be concerned that the President is guzzling from the teat of conspiracy loons.

cerebus

Honorary Master
See what you can do when your democracy isn't crippled by right wing special interest groups?