Donald J. Trump: President of the USA Part III Covfefe

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
As a citizen, how do you know that someone is in the process of breaking border laws? You have no power to ask them to present papers. All you can do is literally hold them at gunpoint until ICE arrives.
Even with papers you are breaking the law by not going through a designated checkpoint, hence anyone who jumps the fence has broken the law. Simple.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Even with papers you are breaking the law by not going through a designated checkpoint, hence anyone who jumps the fence has broken the law. Simple.

Still doesn't answer the question of how a citizen with no authority to force someone to produce papers knows that another person is in the act of breaking the law.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Or crack down on vigilante groups instead of winking past their behaviour.
doesn't solve the problem, we've been over this, that treats the symptoms only
vigilante groups will reform, evolve, adapt, only a secure border will make them redundant

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Still doesn't answer the question of how a citizen with no authority to force someone to produce papers knows that another person is in the act of breaking the law.
that question does not need answering, if you see them hop the fence, they have broken the law
end of story

they can produce papers, or not
they can possess papers, or not
they could be asked for papers by someone without the authority to ask, or not

NONE of which changes the fact that they have been observed breaking the law and can be arrested based on that alone

cerebus

Honorary Master
doesn't solve the problem, we've been over this, that treats the symptoms only
vigilante groups will reform, evolve, adapt, only a secure border will make them redundant
https://psmag.com/news/armed-militias-on-the-border-have-a-long-and-often-racist-history

The same groups used to be slave patrols. I guess the root cause of them was all the damn runaway slaves. The KKK had border patrols going for a long time. Root cause = damn anti-segregationists. Illustrious company they keep.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
https://psmag.com/news/armed-militias-on-the-border-have-a-long-and-often-racist-history

The same groups used to be slave patrols. I guess the root cause of them was all the damn runaway slaves. The KKK had border patrols going for a long time. Root cause = damn anti-segregationists. Illustrious company they keep.
could you please find me a less credible source? I dare ya! :ROFL:

you're conflating the border issue with race because it suits your agenda and you found a bullshyte, laughable article, to back up your agenda

objectively speaking you have simply wasted time and weakened your own argument with bullshyte

cerebus

Honorary Master
could you please find me a less credible source? I dare ya! :ROFL:

you're conflating the border issue with race because it suits your agenda and you found a bullshyte, laughable article, to back up your agenda

objectively speaking you have simply wasted time and weakened your own argument with bullshyte
Objectively speaking you're defending terrorists.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Oh ok alleged conspirers to assassinate Obama and Clinton and Soros then. My bad.
better

seeing as it is an allegation you'd have no problem viewing that as a case of "innocent until proven guilty" I assume

so we're back to merely discussing vigilantes, also note how not a single thing I've said defends their actions, I'm merely pointing out the undeniable truth that you can't stop them by cracking down on them, you can only stop them by removing their reason to exist

cerebus

Honorary Master
better

seeing as it is an allegation you'd have no problem viewing that as a case of "innocent until proven guilty" I assume
About as much problem as you have defending them at all costs.

so we're back to merely discussing vigilantes, also note how not a single thing I've said defends their actions, I'm merely pointing out the undeniable truth that you can't stop them by cracking down on them, you can only stop them by removing their reason to exist
You're not defending them, you're just saying that they're an inevitable product of the porous border, yeah I got that. KKK is a prime example of vigiliantism, and yes they did have a border patrol.

https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=d&d=DS19771026.2.27

Duke said Klansmen would refrain from direct contact with illegal aliens. If any are found, he said, Klansmen would not talk to them or contact them. "But if any illegal crossings are seen, they’re going to use CB radios to relay the information to the border patrol,” Duke said. Duke, of Metairie, La., claimed the Klan “has the support of the American people” in helping the border patrol stem the influx of illegal aliens into this country. He claimed the illegal aliens take jobs away from U.S. citizens.
As for these groups, why do you think cracking down on them wouldn't stop them? That's what the law is for.

scudsucker

Expert Member
I love that NBFTL, our resident "libertarian" is so concerned about government control of the borders...

It makes me doubt his commitment to (and understanding of) libertarianism. What a suprise.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I love that NBFTL, our resident "libertarian" is so concerned about government control of the borders...

It makes me doubt his commitment to (and understanding of) libertarianism. What a suprise.
libertarians hold the protection of private property as sacrosanct, I'll let you figure out (and you're welcome to go find the relevant reading material from the Mises Institute which in fact repeats this same position) why that requires strong borders

the only doubt here is that you have the slightest clue what liberty actually is

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
You're not defending them, you're just saying that they're an inevitable product of the porous border, yeah I got that
and they are, you just insist on seeing that statement of fact as a defense, that's your mistake
corruption is the inevitable by product of too much government intervention

do you believe I just defended Jacob Zuma as well? I would see him executed if it was up to me, but that won't solve the problem any more than electing CR will, the root cause needs to be addressed which is to severely restrict government powers to remove the very opportunity for corruption to be profitable

I'm sure you can draw the parallels between all of that and the border patrols

greg0205

Honorary Master