Donald J. Trump: President of the USA Part III Covfefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

S7wede

Expert Member
I don't think BEE works very well. It's far from a perfect system. Mostly the issue is that you're putting unskilled people into skilled positions and giving ownership to those who haven't worked for it, which isn't good for business or the economy.

On the other hand, as a response to apartheid I think some kind of reparations are completely warranted. As flawed as it obviously is, BEE is not an attack on whiteness - it's an attempt to redistribute wealth that was unjustly seized from people who were brutally victimised, without violence or recrimination. Could it be better? Sure, but it could also be bloody worse.
I don't think ANYBODY would be crying about BEE if it was simply addressing inequality. The problem here is that the ANC have never wanted to address inequality and we know that. Every single time that BEE or AA is used in the context of government contracts or SOE's it's used to enrich a very elite few and their families. With the ANC at the helm BEE is synonymous with cronyism and nepotism. Until we actually see a break in this cycle, I don't think any South African should support the system. Think of it like E-Tolls. We knew exactly what the money would be used for, we didn't ask for it and the public boycotted it to the extent that it is now functionally irrelevant. The same needs to happen with BEE and AA. Employ the best right now. Once the system actually works, once we have SOE's that don't suffer from losses, major scandals and corruption, then look to address the supposed unequal distribution of skills and I bet you would find that it will have naturally sorted itself out in the time it would take for these institutions to be fixed.

rietrot

Honorary Master
AOC - Born in NY
Ayanna Pressley - Born in Chicago
Rashida Tlaib - Born in Detroit

Also...

Melania Trump - Born in Slovenia
Ted Cruz - Born in Canada
Mark Meadows - Born in France
Dan Crenshaw - Born in the UK
Elaine Chao - Born in Taiwan
Way too literal. You'll probably learn how to read Trump in 4 more years time.

greg0205

Honorary Master
While I don't agree that the tweet was inherently racist. I do find it in bad taste. More dickish than bigoted.

“Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)

Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements! - Donald J Trump

So, which catastrophic, corrupt, inept, totally broken and crime infested countries should these women of color go back to?

EDIT: Here are the squad, in case you’re unsure...

c9a07fea3d9ce6af228eb164819d53e6.jpg

Last edited:

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
AOC - Born in NY
Ayanna Pressley - Born in Chicago
Rashida Tlaib - Born in Detroit
I see you've conveniently left the Somalian off the list ...
and let's not forget were it not for America's very liberal citizenship-by-birth arrangement which most countries do not have, more on that list wouldn't necessarily be US citizens, despite being born there ...

Melania Trump - Born in Slovenia
Ted Cruz - Born in Canada
Mark Meadows - Born in France
Dan Crenshaw - Born in the UK
Elaine Chao - Born in Taiwan
So you'd agree Trump is not anti-immigration, just look at how he surrounds himself with immigrants! Hell he even married one!

Last edited:

greg0205

Honorary Master
I see you've conveniently left the Somalian off the list ...
and let's not forget were it not for America's very liberal citizenship-by-birth arrangement which most countries do not have, more on that list wouldn't necessarily be US citizens, despite being born there ...

So you'd agree Trump is not anti-immigration, just look at how he surrounds himself with immigrants! Hell he even married one!

Indeed... Jeffrey Epstein says he introduced Donnie to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.