Donald J. Trump: President of the USA Part III Covfefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I think the fact that she served in the military. She isn't a typical politician in that she went for politics straight out of school. Ala Elizabeth Warren and Comrade Sanders.

Always helpful when you save us the effort of showing your ignorance, konfab. :)

Warren became a politician at the age of 64.

You said people im labeling right wing arent actually right wing before even finding out which people i was calling right wing. You should probably check which people im referring to before you make statements about my inability to judge on political leanings.

I do quite like her, in fact if you go back to the first Trump thread you should find posts of me saying so there. I quite like Bernie as well though because i see them as similar. I would by no means classify myself as right wing though, so im trying to understand what they like about her.

Still assuming things, you gonna learn at any point?

Their programming doesn't allow it. Pity.

Damn thought they finally got him after all these years....

Nevermind by next week there will be another hysterical conspiracy to cling too.....

Isn't it about time for you to post more whiny stuff about Clinton and Obama, Alan? You've been slacking off.

Not really hey

If you actually read the 61-page IG report in full, though, it makes clear that not only did Trump fabricate the principal charge that Comey leaked classified information, but the secondary charge for which the IG has now slapped Comey’s wrist is mind-numbingly dumb.

Ironically, the IG’s report offers the news that the FBI had already tacitly accepted that Comey’s public disclosure was appropriate. The day before his Senate testimony, the FBI handed Comey the memos in question along with three others “for him to review at home in preparation for the hearing.” So, the FBI acknowledged directly to Comey before his testimony that the material that Graham described as an “off-the-rails” leak could be discussed publicly in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee and the entire country.

The IG report should hopefully bring the whole pathetic episode of Trump’s efforts to “investigate the investigators” to a close. Republicans, including the president, are already using it to smear Comey and claim to exonerate Trump. But that doesn’t change the fact that the ultimate findings are were little more than a joke.

What? Another "bombshell" that turns out to be a complete damp squib? Who could have guessed?

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
Wonder when the DOJ IG will investigate this.

Clinton bots working overtime. :ROFL:

We're agreed though, I dealy wish the IG was also looking into the Weiner laptop saga.

Oh, and no surprises that the IG report indicating clearly that Trump lied, repeatedly, about Comey doesn't register a blip on the Trumpets' radar.
No surprises that you're running interference for a dirtbag like Comey. :sneaky:

And Trump didn't lie, Comey got lucky:

No doubt you'll be rushing back to retract your baseless allegations against Trump. :sleep:

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Warren became a politician at the age of 64
math difficult?
Elizabeth Ann Warren (née Herring; born June 22, 1949)
Warren's initial foray into public policy began in 1995
That's 54 and before then she only ever had teaching / lecturing positions, basically a career academic that went into politics, no real job in sight in that history.

What? Another "bombshell" that turns out to be a complete damp squib? Who could have guessed?
:ROFL: cute, you know which side has made the word "bombshell" meaningless?

C4Cat

Honorary Master
That's 54 and before then she only ever had teaching / lecturing positions, basically a career academic that went into politics, no real job in sight in that history

She didn't become a full time politician till 64.

Your University lecturers weren't doing a real job?
Apparently being a teacher isn't a 'real' job. Can only roll eyes at people like NarrowBandFtw who display their total ignorance by placing no value on education, or educators, because they think they know everything already and have nothing left to learn.:rolleyes:

konfab

Honorary Master

A Facebook user in Mississippi has posted a video showing touch-screen voting machines changing votes during Tuesday's Republican primary runoff election for the governor's race. The video shows a voter trying to cast their ballot for Bill Walker Jr., only for the machine to change the vote to Tate Reeves.

Electronic voting machines are so f__king stupid.

Voting machines should basically be automated ballot filling machines. That is, you put your ballot into the machine, you press the candidate you want, it marks the ballot in the correct place, then you take it and put it in the box.
The machine can record the vote and send it along to the main counting stations.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Electronic voting machines are so f__king stupid.

Voting machines should basically be automated ballot filling machines. That is, you put your ballot into the machine, you press the candidate you want, it marks the ballot in the correct place, then you take it and put it in the box.
The machine can record the vote and send it along to the main counting stations.
Isn't the idea to have that, but just all electronic.

I don't see the problem with voting electronically. They just have to close all the vote rigging loopholes. Why would it change your vote.

It should be scan your ID. Press on the touchscreen the person's face that you like. Maybe one confirmation, yes, no question. It logs your choice on your ID number. Done. It seems really simple to me.

Edit: Okay that takes away the anonymity. Record that you voted, and just number the ballot separately.

Last edited:

konfab

Honorary Master
Apparently being a teacher isn't a 'real' job. Can only roll eyes at people like NarrowBandFtw who display their total ignorance by placing no value on education, or educators, because they think they know everything already and have nothing left to learn.:rolleyes:
Being a teacher in a public school is basically a make-work job nowadays. They are generally not interested in providing a stimulating environment for education.

Ditto for most university education, which operates more like a pyramid scheme for most degrees.

konfab

Honorary Master
Isn't the idea to have that, but just all electronic.

I don't see the problem with voting electronically. They just have to close all the vote rigging loopholes. Why would it change your vote.

It should be scan your ID. Press on the touchscreen the person's face that you like. Maybe one confirmation, yes, no question. It logs your choice on your ID number. Done. It seems really simple to me.
There should be no way to link a person to their vote, that would lead to intimidation.

The main problem with electronic voting is that you don't know whether the machine you are voting with has been tampered with. Paper voting is difficult to tamper with given the logistics involved. What I said simply adds an additional layer to paper voting.

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
There should be no way to link a person to their vote, that would lead to intimidation.

The main problem with electronic voting is that you don't know whether the machine you are voting with has been tampered with. Paper voting is difficult to tamper with given the logistics involved. What I said simply adds an additional layer to paper voting.
Blockchain can solve this, I think. Have your vote recorded with a pool of voters, without any way to connect any one vote to a particular voter, but with each voter taking home a tag from their own ballot that allows them to verify the vote connected to that number within the blockchain so that they can make sure their vote was recorded properly.

Then you publish the entire vote database (not the names of the voters obv.) publicly so as to allow the public to check that their votes weren't tampered with at any point...

konfab

Honorary Master
Blockchain can solve this, I think. Have your vote recorded with a pool of voters, without any way to connect any one vote to a particular voter, but with each voter taking home a tag from their own ballot that allows them to verify the vote connected to that number within the blockchain so that they can make sure their vote was recorded properly.

Then you publish the entire vote database (not the names of the voters obv.) publicly so as to allow the public to check that their votes weren't tampered with at any point...

voting_software.png

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Being a teacher in a public school is basically a make-work job nowadays. They are generally not interested in providing a stimulating environment for education.

Ditto for most university education, which operates more like a pyramid scheme for most degrees.
Really? How long have you been a teacher, or worked in these environments? The teachers I know don't fit your description at all, they work extremely hard preparing for and giving classes, often under very difficult circumstances and for relatively low wages. Society not acknowledging, or appreciating, the work teachers do is a big reason why talented teachers move away from teaching to do other things, and we all lose as a result.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
I wanted to like this twice, it's so spot on. However, I do actually agree with Gingerbeardman on this. Blockchain could be used to create a tamperproof voting system. Such a system doesn't exist at moment, and would take time and ingenuity to develop properly, but if democracy survives I'm confident it's the future of voting.

Temujin

Honorary Master
That narrative has been dropped like a hot potato. The new narrative is going to zero in on Trump's racism next. You should go look up the leaked New York Times transcript around this.
I see according to cnn that nuking hurricanes is now racist cos they form off coast of africa... so, msm manufacture a bs story, print the bs story as fact, and now claim trump is racist for wanting to do something they made up and he never said :ROFL:

Unhappy438

Honorary Master

What up with you lot and the degeneration of the working class? Is it the outcome of corporate propaganda eating away at the mind? I suppose if you under value them you can justify doing schitty things to them.

cerebus

Honorary Master
What up with you lot and the degeneration of the working class? Is it the outcome of corporate propaganda eating away at the mind? I suppose if you under value them you can justify doing schitty things to them.

Not so much the working class as the intellectual class. Or to put it another way, anyone whose work casts a negative light on their anti-scientific, populist leader.

konfab

Honorary Master
Really? How long have you been a teacher, or worked in these environments? The teachers I know don't fit your description at all, they work extremely hard preparing for and giving classes, often under very difficult circumstances and for relatively low wages. Society not acknowledging, or appreciating, the work teachers do is a big reason why talented teachers move away from teaching to do other things, and we all lose as a result.
My mother in law is a teacher at a public school and she is extremely dedicated to her job (although she absolutely hates her job) . However that is an anecdote, not a datapoint.
If you want to see why I think most public school teachers do not do their jobs it is this:
20% of boys in the US are on ADHD medication.
11 % of children are on ADHD

http://www.demarleinc.com/ADHD NY TIMES more-diagnoses-of-ADHD 4-24-13.pdf

You don't think that **might** have something to do with the lack of a stimulating environment for children? Why should society appreciate people who don't do their jobs?
Oh right, this is public school with government employees. I am shocked that they are bad at their jobs.

Isn’t it time to revisit basic assumptions about education is US schools? By now it should be abundantly clear that insisting on pushing highly structured reading, writing and math instruction to young children before their developing minds are ready for the information is not working. And, it is entirely possible that the ongoing ADHD medication debacle is likely due, at least in part, to how—and when—lessons in reading, math and science are being taught. ADHD rates are increasing at the same time that curricula are become ever more rigid and intolerant of individual learning styles while also expecting younger and younger students to learn ever more complex instructions.

For example, a US Department of Education “common core” writing standard for Kindergarten is: “Participate in shared research and writing projects (e.g., explore a number of books by a favorite author and express opinions about them).”[5] Is the person writing this standard aware that although this is a reasonable goal for high school students, it is completely unreasonable in Kindergarteners whose oral language is still developing?[6]

Is it a "symptom" of ADHD—requiring medication—when some Kindergarteners cannot yet “participate in shared research and writing?” As Dr. Jerome Groopman, a Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School observed “There’s a tremendous push [in schools] where if a kid’s behavior is thought to be quote-unquote abnormal—if they’re not sitting quietly in their desk—that’s pathological instead of just childhood.[7]”
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...05/us-schools-and-the-astounding-rise-in-adhd

Teachers are low paid because it is a job that doesn't require much skill, thus most people can simply do it. If you look at the entrance requirements for a teaching degree it is very low.
Same sort of thing happens with adjunct professors of English, they don't get paid much because society does not demand their skills

Status
Not open for further replies.