Donald J. Trump: President of the USA Part III Covfefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

konfab

Honorary Master
I wanted to like this twice, it's so spot on. However, I do actually agree with Gingerbeardman on this. Blockchain could be used to create a tamperproof voting system. Such a system doesn't exist at moment, and would take time and ingenuity to develop properly, but if democracy survives I'm confident it's the future of voting.
Most people don't understand blockchain for currency.

For voting :rolleyes:

cerebus

Honorary Master
Teachers are low paid because it is a job that doesn't require much skill, thus most people can simply do it. If you look at the entrance requirements for a teaching degree it is very low.
Same sort of thing happens with adjunct professors of English, they don't get paid much because society does not demand their skills

Ah so the value of a profession is judged according to its salary? I get it now.

Elizabeth Warren Earned More Than $400,000 from Harvard Between 2010 & 2011

The form stated that during 2010 and 2011, Warren earned $429,981 from Harvard University. It lists her position simply as “Faculty.” You can see the entire form on the Senate website here.

The graph, which you can see here, lists Elizabeth Warren as being one of the top earners at Harvard. Her salary was listed as $192,550. She received an additional $133,453 in “‘other compensation’ (included faculty mortgage subsidy, and housing allowance).”

konfab

Honorary Master
Ah so the value of a profession is judged according to its salary? I get it now.

The form stated that during 2010 and 2011, Warren earned $429,981 from Harvard University. It lists her position simply as “Faculty.” You can see the entire form on the Senate website here.
I am sure she got that position because of her qualifications though.

“Although the conventional wisdom among students and faculty is that the Law School faculty includes no minority women, Chmura said professor of law Elizabeth Warren is Native American,” the Crimson wrote.

The Crimson noted Warren’s heritage again in 1998 when Lani Guinier became the first black woman tenured at the law school, mentioning that Warren was “the first woman with a minority background to be tenured.”
https://www.bostonherald.com/2012/04/27/harvard-trips-on-roots-of-elizabeth-warrens-family-tree/

And academic positions like that one are hugely inflated because of the sheer amount of public money that gets thrown into the academic system. I just can't put my head on it why the likes of Warren would want even more money thrown at it,

Emjay

Honorary Master
I am sure she got that position because of her qualifications though.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2012/04/27/harvard-trips-on-roots-of-elizabeth-warrens-family-tree/

And academic positions like that one are hugely inflated because of the sheer amount of public money that gets thrown into the academic system. I just can't put my head on it why the likes of Warren would want even more money thrown at it,

cerebus does not see Elizabeth Warren as having had lied about her ethnicity, so this discussion is not going to go anywhere.

cerebus

Honorary Master

Yes I'm sure she did. She has an outstanding career, academically, politically and in the 'real world'.

As for her Harvard appointment, from your article:

Harvard Law professor Charles Fried, a former U.S. Solicitor General who served under Ronald Reagan, sat on the appointing committee that recommended Warren for hire in 1995. He said he didn’t recall her Native American heritage ever coming up during the hiring process.

“It simply played no role in the appointments process. It was not mentioned and I didn’t mention it to the faculty,” he said.

This is enormously inconsistent. Either teacher jobs are worthless because they don't pay well, or they're overinflated because they pay too much. Get your story straight.

Emjay

Honorary Master
Yes I'm sure she did. She has an outstanding career, academically, politically and in the 'real world'.

As for her Harvard appointment, from your article:

This is enormously inconsistent. Either teacher jobs are worthless because they don't pay well, or they're overinflated because they pay too much. Get your story straight.

One word: Harvard.

rietrot

Honorary Master

The graph, which you can see here, lists Elizabeth Warren as being one of the top earners at Harvard. Her salary was listed as $192,550. She received an additional $133,453 in “‘other compensation’ (included faculty mortgage subsidy, and housing allowance).”
Nothing wrong with that./s

Nice own goal.

Then there is a need for free education because the poor students can't afford to pay Pocahontas' salary.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
She didn't become a full time politician till 64
Which might have a chance of mattering if anyone up to now bothered to add the "full time" qualifier, but nobody did, especially not OD.

Your University lecturers weren't doing a real job?
Nope, none of them do, are you not familiar with the saying: "those who can, do. those who can't, teach."?
Which is not to say lecturers and teacher aren't valuable, they just typically know f-all about the real world. Call me crazy, but the leader of a nation, which is what all politicians aspire to be, damn well better have real world experience.

This is the essence of The Clarey Test, you should research that ...

A life long academic and / or politician simply does not have the experience needed to lead a nation, it is not something that comes from books or policies.

konfab

Honorary Master
So you're saying you can't create blockchain hashes for each voting area and then add them together to create one big hash of all the votes in a country?
Would you trust the South African government to pick a secure hashing function?

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
Actually if I were going to do this I'd create a volunteer program where one team builds a system and volunteers try to break it somewhat akin to how Linux developed as public project.

You have to trust the government not to rig the vote in the first place with any vote you conduct. I haven't done away with the paper ballots, so there would also be a comparitive record, and any voter could check the hash at any time to make sure their votes weren't tampered with.

So yes, no system is absolutely foolproof, but I'm willing to bet that what I'm proposing would be far less vulnerable to tampering than the systems we currently use.

cerebus

Honorary Master

I'm with you on this one. Paper ballots are fine and voter fraud isn't a meaningful problem compared to the security issues caused by electronic systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.