• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Donald Trump: 'African Nations Are 'Sh*thole' Countries'

Knyro

Honorary Master
Not completely true. If a business doesn’t sell a certain amount they aren’t required to submit vat or charge their customers for vat
Ta. Though I'd think you'd have a hard time avoiding it completely. Especially when it comes to big ticket items like furniture. Clothes and food too come to think of it.

crackersa

Honorary Master
I'm not defending the Reddit post, nor necessarily agreeing with it (I just thought it was an interesting point, the obsession with the word, rather than what it could be seen to imply), but come on - If someone is a racist and takes issue with an entire continent on the assumption that black folk are a demographic they have a gripe with, then Africa is obviously going to be that continent.

As to whether Trump is actually a racist, jingoistic hysteria and/or who hates SA (or whatever their chosen country is), and all the other bull**** in threads like these - I don't give much of a ****. I actually don't really understand why people get so invested in where they, or other people, just so happen to have been born.

I think Trump's a legitimate idiot though, whatever that's worth. Every time I think he can't possibly fit his foot any deeper into his mouth, he manages to do so with ease, on an almost daily basis. It's incredible. Almost makes me feel okay about Zuma sometimes...
Point noted. He is a 'gift' that does not stop giving.

'Racist' Trump's '****hole' comment hits the fan, Africa demands answers

However, some on the continent said they agreed with Trump.

"President Donald Trump is absolutely right. Africa is a continent of ****," says Mamady Traore, a 30-year-old sociologist in the West African nation of Guinea.

"When you have heads of state who mess with the constitutions to perpetuate their power. When you have rebel factions that kill children, disembowel women as saints, who mutilate innocent civilians. Frankly, it must be said that it's crap.
LOL

ForceFate

Honorary Master
You'd be surprised. How many in Soweto are paying their electricity?
You'd be surprised how many businesses pay for utilities and services. Furthermore, you'd be shocked how many people in middle class areas pay for all their electricity, especially those on prepaid. While Soweto may be an extreme case, the problem isn't unique to them.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
What’s it like to scour the web to prove your point? Sitting there scanning news article after news articles?
You literally ask him to find something and when he finds it for you, you make snide remarks? :wtf:

Anyway, GOP Senators Tim Scott and Lindsey Graham have confirmed it, in addition to Sen. Durbin - all who were there.