Don't buy Bid or Buy gift vouchers

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Unlike other online stores their vouchers aren't emailed to you immediately. Instead, they need to be approved by someone in their accounts department, which can only be done during office hours. Compare this with Takealot, which emails you in seconds afters buying a voucher.

My story: I won an auction, and at checkout noticed that the seller didn't accept credit cards. Capitec's app wasn't working for me to do an eft, so I decided that I'd buy BobBucks vouchers (which can be bought by credit card) and then use them to pay for my auction item. It turns out that the vouchers which I bought on Friday night, will only be processed on Monday sometime. I'm surprised that their system is so useless. I won't make the mistake of buying BobBucks again, and I hope that no one else will either.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
No responses, but I hope that people have read this and chosen not to buy vouchers from Bid or Buy. I don't think that my expectations were unreasonable.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Have you considered posting this as a complaint/recommendation on the Bidorbuy forum where they it can be seen? That's what the BoB forum is for.

Lupus

Honorary Master
You can't rally blame Bob for Capitec's downtime on a weekend.
Did you not read the OP? He's saying the gift vouchers portion on BoB is broken, it should be automated and has nothing to do with Capitecs downtime.

Tander

Expert Member
Unlike other online stores their vouchers aren't emailed to you immediately. Instead, they need to be approved by someone in their accounts department, which can only be done during office hours. Compare this with Takealot, which emails you in seconds afters buying a voucher.

My story: I won an auction, and at checkout noticed that the seller didn't accept credit cards. Capitec's app wasn't working for me to do an eft, so I decided that I'd buy BobBucks vouchers (which can be bought by credit card) and then use them to pay for my auction item. It turns out that the vouchers which I bought on Friday night, will only be processed on Monday sometime. I'm surprised that their system is so useless. I won't make the mistake of buying BobBucks again, and I hope that no one else will either.
I suggest you take this up with them directly - as Hamster mentioned, their forums, being one of the channels you can use that they will actually see.
https://forums.bidorbuy.co.za

Batista

Executive Member
That is so useless, reminds me of a certain PSN gaming card site in RSA, e vouchers are only mailed to your the next day compared to prepaidgamer where its mailed to you in 1 minute.

airborne

Executive Member
I've also experienced this bs, 2019 and online shopping is old hat but nope Sa's so called "leading online marketplace" has insufficient technology to be able to accept credit card payments as a form of instant payment for their very own products.

A human being must manually process it, by hand must it be processed.... in 2019.

The level of sophistication at Bidorbuy is mind blowing, the cognitive dissonance they experience over there must be pretty overwhelming :p

You could maybe, just maybe understand if this rule was limited to brand new users to Bidorbuy, the hit and run conmen, but no even long standing users with verified profiles are also subjected to this barbaric practice.

The worst is when you are all revved up to order something and then you hit this roadblock, it's like turning into your own driveway and seeing a police roadblock setup in the run up to your garage door...
FAIL!!!