Don't buy from evetech - horrible service and unfair business practices.

jclpmd

BEWARE of EVETECH - KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUYING FROM FELLOW MYBROADBAND FORUMITES. FOREIGNERS OWN EVETECH.

I bought a laptop from Evetech, later I picked up a manufacturing defect on the keyboard, one of the keys was missing a clip and could easily be removed and it had a Windows License Expiring Issue. Anyway I had to go Mustek (Evetech bought the stock from them) to book it in. After some discussion with Mustek, they credited Evetech of which I could get a refund or take another laptop.

Mustek informed me they credited Evetech, it took 2 days to get hold of Imran at Evetech who received the credit to confirm he received it.

I decided to take another laptop of the same kind of which the MD - Imran Sorathia:mad: insists that I pay for delivery of R100 on a reissue of a new laptop and he refuses to make a new invoice. Being stuck without a laptop for a week now I hesitatingly paid the R100 which is daylight robbery in my opinion. When I bought it new delivery was free. This was not a swap out as Mustek credited Evetech and I had the option to take my money and go but unfortunately I chose to get another one from Evetech. Imran refuses to invoice the new one with a new warranty start date and makes alot of stories that he's losing money blah blah and carries on like he's providing the warranty and service which he does not, its all Mustek's responsibility.

I picked up the same Windows License is expiring issue on the new one and Microsoft says its a Asus OEM license which Asus must support. Very agitated I call Evetech for advice and I'm put on the phone with one of the worst technicians ever called Sony. He's English is pathetic and he was very condescending and rude. Instead of helping me with a solution again i'm given stories.

Now Ive got a new problem, the screen goes black but you can see the LCD is still on and the PC is still switched on but unresponsive, you have to press the power button and reboot it. Happened three times already.

I'm still waiting for my invoice and Sony has not come back to me with a solution to the problem.
Once they have your money you are at their mercy. They provide no basic support only you are given excuses and the run-around. People might have good experiences but once you have a problem, you are on your own and have to fight for what is due to you. STAY AWAY.

Last edited:

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
BEWARE of EVETECH - KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUYING FROM FELLOW MYBROADBAND FORUMITES. FOREIGN PAKISTANIS OWN EVETECH

I bought a laptop from Evetech, later I picked up a manufacturing defect on the keyboard, one of the keys was missing a clip and could easily be removed and it had a Windows License Expiring Issue. Anyway I had to go Mustek (Evetech bought the stock from them) to book it in. After some discussion with Mustek, they credited Evetech of which I could get a refund or take another laptop.

Mustek informed they credited Evetech, it took 2 days to get hold of Imran at Evetech who received the credit to confirm he received it.

I decided to take another laptop of the same kind of which the MD - Imran Sorathia:mad: insists that I pay for delivery of R100 on a reissue of a new laptop and he refuses to make a new invoice. Being stuck without a laptop for a week now I hesitatingly paid the R100 which is daylight robbery in my opinion. When I bought it new delivery was free. This was not a swap out as Mustek credited Evetech and I had the option to take my money and go but unfortunately I chose to get another one from Evetech. Imran refuses to invoice the new one with a new warranty start date and makes alot of stories that he's losing money blah blah and carries on like he's providing the warranty and service which he does not, its all Mustek's responsibility.

I picked up the same Windows License is expiring issue on the new one and Microsoft says its a Asus OEM license which Asus must support. Very agitated I call Evetech for advice and I'm put on the phone with one of the worst technicians ever called Sony. He's English is pathetic and he was very condescending and rude. Instead of helping me with a solution again i'm given stories.

I'm still waiting for my invoice and Sony has not come back to me with a solution to the problem.
Once they have your money you are at their mercy. They provide no basic support only you are given excuses and the run-around. People might have good experiences but once you have a problem, you are on your own and have to fight for what is due to you. STAY AWAY.

LoL, anyway, so when Microsoft said is Asus's issue why did you contact Evetech and not Asus? :confused:

jclpmd

LoL, anyway, so when Microsoft said is Asus's issue why did you contact Evetech and not Asus? :confused:
I must book in a Brand new 2 hour old laptop at Mustek? I thought Evetech could help so I gave them a call.

Nether

Expert Member

Now Ive got a new problem, the screen goes black but you can see the LCD is still on and the PC is still switched on but unresponsive, you have to press the power button and reboot it. Happened three times already.

Does it have a 6 series intel processor by any chance:)?

Nether

Expert Member
yes a i7 6700HQ
Apparently a known issue with the H110m chipset and the onboard intel display chipset, its basically damaged

Coincidentally I have the same processor, but a Proline laptop, I had to replace it, no fuss though, they did so within 2 days.

You may notice the laptop's sleep function doesn't work well or seldom.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/91353
and

There was another link explaining that the onboard display chipset was at fault, but I can't locate it now.

EDIT: Mine would only switch off like that when I used a specific usb port on the laptop, also only with moderate power draw, like a usb headset or hard drive, it happened randomly though, but inevitable.

Last edited:

jclpmd

Apparently a known issue with the H110m chipset and the onboard intel display chipset, its basically damaged

Coincidentally I have the same processor, but a Proline laptop, I had to replace it, no fuss though, they did so within 2 days.

You may notice the laptop's sleep function doesn't work well or seldom.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/91353
and

There was another link explaining that the onboard display chipset was at fault, but I can't locate it now.

EDIT: Mine would only switch off like that when I used a specific usb port on the laptop, also only with moderate power draw, like a usb headset or hard drive, it happened randomly though, but inevitable.
Thanks for the info.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Noted

If the reseller is all too keen to take the cash but not follow up with the service, then why bother using them?

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
they will try not to return your money at all cost....even if it means sticky tapping and gluing something inside.

Joker

Expert Member
Thanks for this, I was actually considering buying a MSI GS43VR laptop from them.. will wait until other sites start selling that model.

Pitbull

Verboten
Thanks for this, I was actually considering buying a MSI GS43VR laptop from them.. will wait until other sites start selling that model.
Guys, don't skimp on these kind of purchases. After support is of utmost importance. I have NEVER had a single issue with Wootware, sure they might be a bit more pricier on certain items. But I will gladly pay that for peace of mind. Hands down the best online supplier when it comes to PC stuff in my personal view.

Last edited: