Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer (Documentary)

Urist

Expert Member
Overall I enjoyed the show. I think Netflix made the choice to show portions of the animal scenes to really hit home how gruesome this guy was; tough to watch and hear as a cat person myself, but brought the point across.

That internet cafe moment in the final episode though... o_O
Ze Germans don't fck around.

Pavan

Expert Member
Two unanswered questions for me

1. Who was the second person in the video with the python?
"According to Green, the hands belong to an unsuspecting neighbour. A researcher from CBC’s Fifth Estate documentary reportedly went and interviewed Magnotta’s neighbours for the network’s own take on the tale. A female neighbour confessed she was the woman holding the python. She’s never named and it’s unclear if any formal charges were made against her, but either way, it looks like we can close the case file on this one. "

Cray

Honorary Master
Unless he was killing human beans there's still nothing to get het up about. Was he?
The premise of the story is that the amateur internet sleuths were initially outraged by the cat killings but then, in doing research discovered that some people who torture/kill animals for sport move on to killing people for a bigger rush/more notoriety. They even found a likely suspect but the police wouldn't/couldn't take action. The guy they identified ended up murdering someone on camera by drugging him, stabbing him multiple times and then dismembered him. He then posted that video online too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Magnotta

Lostboy

Watched when released, skipped through some scenes. But it was interesting and watched all 3 in one go.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Watched pretty much as it came out a few weeks ago. Hated the kitten bits, but other than that ... was a good but disturbing story. Hectic how fcked up people are.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
This was one dark documentary. Agreed Netflix should have left out the animal abuse not nessecary and really upset me, I had to skip over those parts.

Once you have watched it listen to this and see if you get goosebumps

Lots of determination in finding this guy and people with lots of free time. I was also amazed by how much of their assumptions and guess work actually worked out and led to the guy.

Two unanswered questions for me

1. Who was the second person in the video with the python?
  2. Who gave them his name? Without this they would surely have been stumped.
They did? I don't think they actually ever showed an animal getting hurt?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
They did? I don't think they actually ever showed an animal getting hurt?
They don't actually show anything from what I recall.

The content is no more hardcore than what you see of taxidermied anything at a museum.

I think people play out most of it in their mind more than what is actually shown, but I might not be remembering the details.

The same way American History X has "that" scene but nothing is actually shown on screen.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The weirdest part was his poor delusional mom still trying to defend him.
Pretty standard though, even in the face of evidence they often still ignore it.

Ted Bundy's girlfriend was his biggest supporter for many many years until he actually confessed and I seem to recall even then she took some time to come around.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender

The content is no more hardcore than what you see of taxidermied anything at a museum.

I think people play out most of it in their mind more than what is actually shown, but I might not be remembering the details.

The same way American History X has "that" scene but nothing is actually shown on screen.
The scene where he makes the guy bite the pavement? Urg .... that scene made my tummy turn. Then of course, my sister made me watch this very strange western cowboy movie with cannibal indians in it and there was this scene where a guy is hung upside down naked with his legs spread open and this guy comes and hits him between the leg with a sword. Goeie god I litterally jumped up from the couch and started trotting around the room. Urg .... I get the chills just thinking about it. :sick:

steco777

Every time I listen to true faith now it reminds me of this doc . Scary stuff .

Iwojima

Expert Member

The only scene that sticks out in mind that could be considered graphic was showing the dead kittens after he suffocated them in the plastic bag, even though they did not, thankfully, show the suffocation itself.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The only scene that sticks out in mind that could be considered graphic was showing the dead kittens after he suffocated them in the plastic bag, even though they did not, thankfully, show the suffocation itself.
Yeah and like I said that’s no more hardcore than any taxidermy.