Don't get rid of Graeme Smith - Beeld

RompelStompel

The sweet & short translation :

Cook and Kirsten both states that Smith should not be removed.

Kirsten says that Smith should try and regain his self-confidence (according to Kirsten the batting technique is not to blame).

Team management should reduce the amount of responsibilities (tasks) that Smith has to perform in the team.

This being that Smith can concentrate on his batting and captaincy.

Last edited:

kiepie

Executive Member
Thanks for that, did not see myself translating everything.

Phew...:D

nivek

Executive Member
why must smith try and regain his confidence at the expense of the country? he can go do it domestically, in the mean time there are other people that can fill his slot quite easily..

krycor

Honorary Master
If they remove responsibilities then shouldn't they just give captaincy to someone else? I mean I remember when shaun pollock was captain he too kinda took a toll at one stage.

kiepie

Executive Member
why must smith try and regain his confidence at the expense of the country? he can go do it domestically, in the mean time there are other people that can fill his slot quite easily..
Hear Hear!!

If they remove responsibilities then shouldn't they just give captaincy to someone else? I mean I remember when shaun pollock was captain he too kinda took a toll at one stage.
Can remmber that and after the captaincy was removed his game improved.
Give it to Boucher. We dont need him as a batsmen if you can fix our top order. And I doubt it will influence his wicketkeeping.

Billy

Expert Member
Smith is in the team for his voice in singing the National Anthem.