Don't panic buy - erm, well nope

lived666

Executive Member
I don't really want to go out the next 3 weeks and face trigger happy metro or army or whoever is supposedly manning roadblocks, but popping into my local woolies earlier today and faced with this:

woolies1.jpg

woolies2.jpg

woolies3.jpg

I wasn't too sad about the fresh vegetable being empty, but the snacks all gone, I was devasted and am still close to tears.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I don't really want to go out the next 3 weeks and face trigger happy metro or army or whoever is supposedly manning roadblocks, but popping into my local woolies earlier today and faced with this:

View attachment 807035

View attachment 807037

View attachment 807039

I wasn't too sad about the fresh vegetable being empty, but the snacks all gone, I was devasted and am still close to tears.
You're not missing out on much. Snacks with no MSG and no AZO-whatwhat suck donkey balls.

Pox

Expert Member
Retards being retards.
Food production isn't stopping. Warehousing and distribution isn't stopping. But buy ALL THE THINGS.

Will be lovely to go shopping in empty supermarkets, but still stocked, from tomorrow onwards.

However, the panic buying of alcohol is real.
(In a queue right now and trying my best not to think about how many people in this queue are coughing and sniffing.)

Lupus

Honorary Master
You gotta love how Woolies was hit first with this, when our local woolies was cleaned out, you could pop into the Spar across the road and it was still fully stocked. Same as when the big Checkers Hyper was hit hard, the Spar was fine. Only yesterday and today did it start emptying out.

lived666

Executive Member
You gotta love how Woolies was hit first with this, when our local woolies was cleaned out, you could pop into the Spar across the road and it was still fully stocked. Same as when the big Checkers Hyper was hit hard, the Spar was fine. Only yesterday and today did it start emptying out.
Well on the other side of the center I was in there is a checkers but the queue to get in was out the door and who knows where it ended, so meh, got a few things and now will wait and see what chaos unfolds in the next 3 weeks.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Well on the other side of the center I was in there is a checkers but the queue to get in was out the door and who knows where it ended, so meh, got a few things and now will wait and see what chaos unfolds in the next 3 weeks.
We did our monthly shopping on the 21st, a few shelves were empty already, but not like Woolies were.
Just butcheries were also out of meat sigh. So it looks like a lot of chicken and fish for the next 21 days.

lived666

Executive Member
Gotten so bad people are forced to buy vegan food stuff

Actually the good thing was that I did find 3 packets of vegan beyond burgers, though I will have to bake my own rolls, but I did find yeast so all good in that dept.

Hephaestus

Forging
Actually the good thing was that I did find 3 packets of vegan beyond burgers, though I will have to bake my own rolls, but I did find yeast so all good in that dept.
Disgusting stuff, almost all the shops here are empty except the vegan stuff no one wants to eat that cardboard

Mier

Expert Member
Most shops (incl Checkers, Spar, Woolworths) were still well stocked yesterday in Somerset West. Only the odd brand of an item that were low or out, but you could still get whatever you need.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Who goes to malls and fancy pants wollworfs anyway. I told y'all long ago, the Shoprite closest to the taxi rank is always fully stocked.