Download stops when P20 lite goes to sleep

Dracos13

Hi

I have searched for online fixes but have been struggling for a long time, hope someone can help.

When I download from Chrome and my phone goes to sleep, the download stops, I also have to leave a site open for it to continue downloading.

When I unlock my phone again and check on the download, it stopped when it went to sleep and then says "waiting for network" then it starts again until the phone goes to sleep.

I have read that it has to do with battery usage that the phone stops apps from using battery power while sleeping, there is no chrome for me to choose manage manually and let it run in the background.

Have tried Opra but the same happens.

Some fact of my phone:

Emui 9.1.0
Google chrome as browser
downloading over wi-fi
P20 lite
Signal strength 4-5 bars

Sinbad

Honorary Master
8d806aa556f92866d7f9a7addb8ca230.jpg

Got that set?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I don't seem to have that specifics under battery optimization

Go into settings, search for battery optimisation
By default it only lists the apps that are not allowed. You need to change the selector to see all apps.

Dracos13

Ok thanks found it, mine says allowed "Recommended for better battery life"

Don't allow "may drain your battery more quickly"

Do I then choose Don't allow?

Dracos13

Great thanks, I have made that selection and will see what happens. I report back tomorrow.

Thanks for the assist.

Dracos13

Thanks, so far so good, last night did not have the same challenges as before, I will update if I get a problem again.

Did the same with my watsapp, I started having the problem, especially after restarting that my watsapps will only come through if I open it, hopefully this will sort that as well.

Dracos13

Good Morning...I am back again, since about 2-3 weeks back, I can't download anything through chrome, I have now installed Opera, although it also uses Chrome as the browser, I am not sure whether Chrome is the problem. My phone has the latest software update, also around 3-4 weeks back incidentally...

I have tried:
All the settings suggested before.
Setting my display sleep to never.
Keeping the browser open.
Cleared the cashe.

Nothing works, it stops somewhere, as soon as I check the browser it's as if it restarts the download again, I have wasted data like it's for free not getting one full download.

If I download through a torrent program, that works no problem. Just direct link downloads goes nowhere.

Any help

Dracos13

Anything between 200-500MB, forgot also to say that I connect to our wifi at home when trying to download.

I have also tried without connection to the wifi, same.